Bob Jones (Australian footballer)
|Full name||Bob Jones|
|Date of birth||22 October 1961|
|Original team(s)||Devonport (NTFL)|
|Draft||No. 44, 1987 national draft|
|Height||192 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||87 kg (192 lb)|
|1988–1989||St Kilda||20 (2)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 1989.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
Jones, an Indigenous Australian, grew up in Darwin, but came to St Kilda from Tasmanian club Devonport, at pick 44 of the 1987 National Draft. Already 26 when he made his debut for St Kilda in the 1988 VFL season, his 19 games that year were spent as a ruckman and in defence. He suffered a season ending knee injury (torn medial ligament) in the opening round of the 1989 season, against the Brisbane Bears at Moorabbin Oval. It would be his final appearance for St Kilda.
- Marngrook Radio Show, 1116 SEN, April 2012
- Lovett, Michael (2004). AFL 2004 - The Official Statistical History Of The AFL. AFL Publishing. ISBN 0-9580300-5-7.
- AFL Tables: Bob Jones
- Holmesby, Russell; Main, Jim (2007). The Encyclopedia Of AFL Footballers. BAS Publishing. ISBN 9781920910785.
- The Age,"Lockett's beefy brilliance drives Saints from the front", 3 April 1989, p. 32
- The Mercury,"Tassie pup steps up", 2 January 2012, Adam Smith