Bločice Karst Field
The Bločice Karst Field lies near the village of Bločice, east of the Cerknica Karst Field, west of the village of Bloška Polica, and south of the Bloke Plateau. Several karst springs are located on the east side of the karst field, and Cold Cave (Slovene: Mrzla jama) is located at the southern edge. Cold Cave is one of only three known habitats in Slovenia of the vulnerable freshwater snail Belgrandiella globulosa. The catchment area of the karst field belongs to the Bloke Plateau.
The Bločice Karst Field has a mosaic-like cultural landscape of alternating tilled fields and pastures, orchards, and isolated trees, with a clear forested margin. It has been registered as cultural heritage and new construction in the karst field is prohibited.
- Gams, Ivan. 1965. H kvartarni geomorfogenezi ozemlja med Postojnskim, Planinskim in Cerkniškim poljem . Geografski vestnik 37: 61–101, p. 82.
- Slovenian Ministry of Culture register of national heritage Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine reference number ešd 22327
- Slapnik, R. 2010. Belgrandiella globulosa. In: The IUCN Red List of Threatened Species. Version 2014.3. <www.iucnredlist.org>. Downloaded on 24 March 2015.
- Kovačič, Gregor. 2010. An Attempt Towards an Assessment of the Cerknica Polje Water Balance / Poskus ocene vodne bilance Cerkniškega polja. Acta carsologica 39(1): 39–50, p. 40.
- Odlok o občinskem prostorskem načrtu Občine Cerknica Archived April 2, 2015, at the Wayback Machine, Article 152. (in Slovene)