Location in Slovenia
|Coordinates: 45°45′49.23″N 14°27′14.35″E|
|Traditional region||Inner Carniola|
|Statistical region||Littoral–Inner Carniola|
|• Total||4.32 km2 (1.67 sq mi)|
|Elevation||622.5 m (2,042.3 ft)|
Bločice was attested in written sources in 1397 as Oblaczicz. It is a diminutive of the regional name *Obloke (which developed into Bloke), which is probably derived from the prepositional phrase *ob(ь) lǫky or *ob(ь) lǫkaxъ 'next to the flood-meadow(s)'. Originally the name therefore means 'little Bloke' (cf. also Male Bloke, literally 'little Bloke', and Velike Bloke, literally 'big Bloke'). In the past it was known as Obločice in Slovene and Obloschitz in German.
The local church in the settlement is dedicated to Saints Primus and Felician and belongs to the Parish of Grahovo. It was first mentioned in written documents dating to 1397 and its interior preserves some mid- to late-15th century frescos. The main altar dates to 1672.
- Statistical Office of the Republic of Slovenia
- Leksikon občin kraljestev in dežel zastopanih v državnem zboru, vol. 6: Kranjsko. 1906. Vienna: C. Kr. Dvorna in Državna Tiskarna, p. 130.
- Cerknica municipal site
- Snoj, Marko (2009). Etimološki slovar slovenskih zemljepisnih imen. Ljubljana: Modrijan. p. 65.
- Družina RC Church in Slovenia Journal website
- Inner Carniola Regional Park site (in Slovene) Archived October 6, 2011, at the Wayback Machine