Black River (Tasmania)
|Black River (Tasmania)|
|Source||below Mount Dipwood|
|⁃ location||in the Dip Range|
|⁃ coordinates||41°02′17″S 145°27′24″E|
|⁃ elevation||332 m (1,089 ft)|
|Wiltshire / Black River midpoint|
|0 m (0 ft)|
|Length||55.8 km (34.7 mi)|
Location and features
The river rises below Mount Dipwood (over 530 m (1,740 ft)) in the Dip Range (over 620 m (2,030 ft)), and flows generally north into Bass Strait between the localities of Wiltshire and Black River. The river descends 332 metres (1,089 ft) over its 55.8-kilometre (34.7 mi) course.
- "Placenames Tasmania - Black River". Placenames Tasmania. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
Search, enter 1603Y, Search, select row, show Details
- Google (18 December 2018). "Black River, Tasmania" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- "Map of Black River, TAS". Bonzle Digital Atlas of Australia. 2018. Retrieved 18 December 2018.
- Placename Nomen # for Mount Dipwood = 2129S
- Placename Nomen # for Dip Range = 2126L