Adalberto "Bitto" Albertini
14 July 1924
|Died||22 February 1999 74) (aged|
|Occupation||Film director, screenwriter|
He began his film career as a camera operator and as a cinematographer. In 1974 Albertini directed Black Emanuelle starring the then almost unknown Laura Gemser. Her subsequent successful career meant that she was absent from Black Emanuelle 2, and Albertini instead cast actress Shulamith Lasri in the title role.
In 1977 he released Yellow Emanuelle as a comeback. The film, starring Chai Lee, was very successful. However the film never reached the popularity of Joe D'Amato's series. His last two films were "Mondos" set in Asia, depicting shocking rituals and savage violence.
He died in Italy in 1999 at age 74.
- Feathers in the Wind (1950)
- Brief Rapture (1951)
- A Woman Has Killed (1952)
- Matrimonial Agency (1953)
- The Song of the Heart (1955)
- The Red Cloak (1955)
- Captain Falcon (1958)
- Toto's First Night (1962)
- Sandokan to the Rescue (1964)
- Sandokan Against the Leopard of Sarawak (1964)
- Goldface, the Fantastic Superman (1967)
- Three Supermen in Tokyo (1968)
- War Devils (1969)
- Three Supermen in the Jungle (1970)
- Human Cobras (1971)
- Metti lo diavolo tuo ne lo mio inferno (1972)
- Supermen Against the Orient (1973)
- Return of Shanghai Joe (1975)
- Black Emanuelle (1975)
- Black Emanuelle 2 (1976)
- Yellow Emanuelle (1977)
- Safari Rally (1978)
- Naked and Cruel (1984)
- Bitto Albertini, Internet Movie Database.