|Coordinates: 37°50′48″N 40°39′58″E|
|• District mayor||Orhan Ayaz (HDP)|
|• District||1,737.28 km2 (670.77 sq mi)|
|• District density||64/km2 (170/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+2 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+3 (EEST)|
In order to settle the influx of migrants from Konya in 1936, a new district of Diyarbakir was established. It is a South-Eastern Anatolia region of Turkey and is located to the east of the Diyarbakir province. The area of this district is 1748 km2. Geographically it is situated 550 meters above the sea level. The town features numerous parks. On the Körtik hill exists an archeological site.
In the elections on the 31 March 2019 Orhan Ayaz from the Peoples' Democratic Party was elected as Mayor. But in October he got dismissed due to an investigation. A trustee was appointed instead.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Adem Avcıkıran (2009). Kürtçe Anamnez Anamneza bi Kurmancî (PDF) (in Turkish and Kurdish). p. 55. Retrieved 17 December 2019.
- "Körtik Hill offers thousands of artifacts". Hürriyet Daily News. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- Şafak, Yeni (2019-05-11). "Diyarbakır Bismil Seçim Sonuçları – Bismil Yerel Seçim Sonuçları". Yeni Şafak (in Turkish). Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "OPeration against co-mayors: Mızraklı, Yılmaz and Ayaz under custody". mezopotamyaajansi23.com. Retrieved 2019-11-05.
- "Trustees appointed to 4 HDP-run city councils". ANF News. Retrieved 2019-11-05.