Birmingham County Football Association
Birmingham County Football Association, also simply known as Birmingham FA, is the governing body of football in the counties of West Midlands and Warwickshire, England. Birmingham County FA run 14 cup competitions at different levels for teams in the West Midland region. The County Football Association was formed in 1875 and was affiliated with just 10 teams, now they are affiliated with 4,600 teams.
|Motto||"Improving Lives By Improving Football"|
|Headquarters||Ray Hall Lane|
The Association was formed in 1875 following a request from 10 teams. Originally called the Birmingham District and Counties Football Association. Charles Crump of Stafford Road Works FC, based in Wolverhampton was elected first President. John Campbell Ord appointed first Secretary.
County Cup Competitions
The Birmingham Senior Challenge Cup is the longest-serving cup in the County dating back to 1875/76 season and is currently still being played.
Birmingham County FA organises 14 Cup Competitions.
|Birmingham Senior Cup||Leamington|
|Birmingham Saturday Vase||Tipton Town|
|Birmingham Midweek Floodlit Cup||Atherstone Town|
|Birmingham Sunday Youth Cup||Beacon Colts Minor U18|
|Birmingham Women's County Cup||Coventry United Ladies|
|Birmingham Girls Cup||Solihull Moors Youth & Junior Girls|
Defunct county competitions
|Competition||Year Founded||Year Dissolved||Last Winners||Most Crowned Team|
|Youth Cup (Sat & Sun)||1963/64||1992/93||Burton Albion||Northfield Town (4)|
|Lord Mayor Of Birmingham Charity Cup||1990/91||1997/98||Moor Green||Solihull Borough (3)|
|Campbell Orr Shield||1920/21||1994/95||Birmingham & Dist. A.F.A|
|Harrison Shield||1963/64||1994/95||Nuneaton & Dist. Sunday Football League|
|Featherstone Cup||1948/49||1987/88||Birmingham & Dist. A.F.A|
|Keegan Cup||1963/64||1992/93||Brandish Vauxhall Minor FL|
There are over 50 Affiliated and Sanctioned Leagues through Birmingham County FA which include competitive football in organised Adult, Youth, Mini Soccer and Disability leagues.
Below is a list of leagues who are currently affiliated with the Birmingham County FA:
(Note: The Leagues highlighted in BOLD are Chartered Standard Leagues; Years in (brackets) denote the founded year of that particular league.)
Saturday Associations and Leagues
- Birmingham & District Football League (1908)
- Burton & District Football Association (1871)
- Coventry Alliance League (1934)
- Stratford Upon Avon Alliance (1896)
- West Midlands Christian League (1979)
- Wolverhampton Football Combination League (1903)
Minor / Youth Leagues
- Burton Junior League, and Burton Mini Soccer League (1988)
- Central Warwickshire Youth League (1969)
- Coventry Minor League & Coventry Minor U8 Mini Soccer League
- Mid Warwickshire Boys & Mid Warwickshire Junior Football League
- Nuneaton & Bedworth Minor League (1969)
- Sandwell Minor (2004)
- Stourbridge & District Youth League
- Tamworth Junior (Saturday & Sunday) League (1972)
- Beacon Sunday League (1977)
- Burton & District Sunday League (1964)
- Central Warwickshire Over 35's League (1979)
- Coronation Alliance Football League (1948)
- Coronation Football League (1952)
- Coventry & Central Warwickshire League (1967)
- Coventry & District Intermediate Sunday League (1966)
- Coventry & District Premier Sunday League (1966)
- Coventry & District Senior Sunday League (1962)
- Dudley & Cradley Heath League (1910)
- Festival Alliance League (1943)
- Festival League (1951)
- Festival Senior Amateur League (1951)
- Festival Premier League (1951)
- Leamington & Dist Sunday League (1966)
- Nuneaton & District Sunday League (1966)
- Redditch & South Warwickshire Combination (1925)
- Rugby & District Sunday League
- Sandwell District Football League (1954)
- Sandwell Premier Football League (1967)
- Solihull & District Oakbourne Sunday League
- South Birmingham Sunday League & Sunday Premier League (1957)
- Sutton & District Sunday Football League (1966)
- Tamworth & District Sunday League
- Warley Sunday League
- Wolverhampton & District Sunday League (1958)
- Birmingham County Women's League (2004)
- West Midlands Regional Women's League
- Central Warwickshire Girls League (1999)
- Stourbridge & District Girls League
- Midlands Girls Centre of Excellence Fixture Programme
- Birmingham Ability Counts Leagues Adult, Youth, Girls, Wheelchair
- Birmingham Communities League
- Coventry & District Christian League & Cup (1998)
- Midland Police Football League (1926)
- Midlands Universities League (MUL) (2011)
- Shapla Football League (1993)
- West Midlands Travel League (1904)
- "County F.A's". thefa.com. The Football Association. Retrieved 8 November 2016.
- "Football Time Line". Retrieved 5 September 2016.
- "Birmingham County Football Association About Us". Birmingham County F.A.
- "Birmingham County Football Association Cups". Birmingham County F.A.
- "Senior Cup". Birmingham FA.
- "Saturday Vase Cup". Birmingham FA.
- "Midweek Floodlit Cup". Birmingham FA.
- "Sunday Youth Cup". Birmingham FA.
- "Women's County Cup". Birmingham FA.
- "Women's County Cup". Birmingham FA.
- "Birmingham County Cups Past Winners". Birmingham FA. Retrieved 23 April 2014.
- "Birmingham FA Leagues". Birmingham County FA.
- "Birmingham FA Charter Standard Leagues". Birmingham County FA.