The Binghamton Devils are a professional ice hockey team in the American Hockey League (AHL) that began play in the 2017–18 season as the top minor league affiliate of the National Hockey League (NHL)'s New Jersey Devils. Based in Binghamton, New York, the Devils play their home games at Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena.
|City||Binghamton, New York|
|League||American Hockey League|
|Home arena||Floyd L. Maines Veterans Memorial Arena|
|Colors||Red, black, white|
|Owner(s)||Harris Blitzer Sports & Entertainment|
|General manager||Tom Fitzgerald|
|Head coach||Mark Dennehy|
|Media||Press & Sun-Bulletin|
WICZ, WENE, WINR, WBBI, AHL.TV (Internet)
|Affiliates||New Jersey Devils (NHL)|
Adirondack Thunder (ECHL)
|1998–2006||Lowell Lock Monsters|
On September 26, 2016, shortly after it was announced that the Binghamton Senators were being purchased by their parent club and would relocate to Belleville, Ontario, for the 2017–18 season as the Belleville Senators, the Senators' management reaffirmed that they were working hard to keep AHL hockey in Binghamton for 2017–18 and beyond.
On January 26, 2017, the Times Union reported that the Albany Devils would move to Binghamton for 2017–18, citing the Devils' average per-game attendance of 2,888 being last in the AHL, although the Binghamton Senators' attendance had been second-to-last at 3,666. The official announcement of the team's relocation (and the Binghamton Devils name) was made on January 31, and noted that the organization had signed a five-year operating agreement. Over their first two seasons in Binghamton, the Devils' attendance increased to 3,896 and 3,471 per game.
|2017–18||76||25||38||9||4||63||.414||193||247||5th, North||2018||Did not qualify|
|2018–19||76||28||41||7||0||63||.414||201||278||8th, North||2019||Did not qualify|
- "Sens Owner Purchases AHL Team Partners W/ Belleville". Ottawa Senators. September 26, 2016.
- "A Statement from the Binghamton Senators". OurSports Central. September 26, 2016.
- "Sources: Albany Devils leaving for Binghamton". Times Union. January 26, 2017.
- "2016–17 AHL attendance". HockeyDB. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "Binghamton Secures New AHL Team as Devils Relocate Franchise". TWC News. January 31, 2017.
- New Jersey Devils to Relocate Affiliate to Binghamton, NY for 2017-18 Season
- Devils Moving Affiliate to Binghamton in 2017-18
- "2017–18 AHL attendance". HockeyDB. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "2018–19 AHL attendance". HockeyDB. Retrieved June 4, 2019.
- "Binghamton Devils – Team roster". Binghamton Devils. October 3, 2017. Retrieved October 3, 2017.