Bing Webmaster Tools
Bing Webmaster Tools (previously the Bing Webmaster Center) is a free service as part of Microsoft's Bing search engine which allows webmasters to add their websites to the Bing index crawler, see their site's performance in Bing (clicks, impressions) and a lot more. The service also offers tools for webmasters to troubleshoot the crawling and indexing of their website, submission of new URLs, Sitemap creation, submission and ping tools, website statistics, consolidation of content submission, and new content and community resources.
Type of site
|Launched||June 3, 2009|
Bing Webmaster Tools provides many features that can be accessed by webmasters after they verify the ownership of their websites using methods such as MetaTag verification, adding CNAME record to DNS entry, XML verification and DomainConnect.
- Submit Urls allows webmasters to submit thousands of URLs present in their website for faster indexing. The number of URLs they can submit can be as much as 10,000 URLs per day.
- Crawl issues allows webmasters to discover potential issues with their websites such as File Not Found (404) errors, blocked by REP, long dynamic URLs, and unsupported content-types.
- Backlink data allows webmasters to access data about their referring links. Part of this feature was acquired from Yahoo! Site Explorer.
- Advanced filtering allows webmasters to quickly scope the results in their website reports to zoom into the data they need.
- Data download allows webmasters to access the first 1000 results in a CSV file to analyze the results.
- Keyword search tool allows webmasters to explore new keywords.
- Robots.txt validator allows webmasters to check if their robots.txt file meets the standard.
- Markup validator allows webmasters to check if their site meets W3C standards.
- Sitemaps allows webmasters to check if Bing is viewing their sitemap correctly.
- Outbound links allows webmasters to see the outbound links Bing sees.
- Lincoln, John E. (2 July 2015). "The Ultimate Guide To Bing Webmaster Tools. Contributor John E Lincoln has put together this comprehensive guide to getting started with Bing Webmaster Tools". Search Engine Land.
- Live Search blog: Our New Webmaster Portal and an Invitation to the Private Beta
- "Bing Webmaster Tools simplifies site verification using Domain Connect". Bing Blogs. 21 August 2019. Retrieved 29 August 2019.
- Frye, Selena (9 November 2011). "Microsoft updates Bing Webmaster Tools. Microsoft Bing recently refreshed their Webmaster Tools after seeking feedback from the web master community. Have you tried them? Here are the major updates". TechRepublic.
- Crum, Chris (22 August 2012). "Bing Webmaster Tools Changes Site Activity Calculations". WebProNews.
- "Bing Revamps Their Webmaster Tools & Launches Partial Yahoo Site Explorer Replacement". Search Engine Land. 6 June 2012. Retrieved 16 March 2013.