Bill Dixon in Italy Volume Two
Bill Dixon in Italy Volume Two is an album by American jazz trumpeter Bill Dixon recorded in Milan in 1980 and released on the Italian Soul Note label. The album resulted after producer Giovanni Bonandrini was so impressed by Dixon's sextet he requested them to record two albums instead of the single one that was planned.
|Bill Dixon in Italy Volume Two|
|Studio album by|
|Recorded||June 11-13, 1980|
|Studio||Barigozzi Studios, Milano|
|Bill Dixon chronology|
|The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide|
In his review for AllMusic, Ron Wynn states "A rare date from a distinctive trumpeter whose approach, clarity of tone, and directness set him apart in the '60s."
- All compositions by Bill Dixon
- "Sketch/Firenze" - 14:54
- "Summer Song Two: Evening" - 7:30
- "Summer Song Three: Aurorea/Daybreak" - 3:20
- "Dusk" - 2:36
- "Dance Piece: Places/For Jack and Barbara/Autumn Sequences from a Paris Diary" - 12:50
- Stubenrauch, R., Bill Dixon discography accessed November 16, 2014
- Young, B., Dixonia: A Bio-discography of Bill Dixon, Greenwood, 1998, p 246
- Wynn, Ron. Bill Dixon - In Italy, Vol. 2: Review at AllMusic. Retrieved November 18, 2014.
- Swenson, J., ed. (1985). The Rolling Stone Jazz Record Guide. USA: Random House/Rolling Stone. p. 62. ISBN 0-394-72643-X.