Bhushan Kumar Dua (born 27 November 1977) is an Indian film producer, music producer and composer. He is the chairman and managing director of Super Cassettes Industries Limited, also known as T-Series. He is known for his works in Bollywood.
Kumar at the launch of Simran's trailer
Bhushan Kumar Dua
27 November 1977
|Title||Chairman and managing director of T-Series|
|Spouse(s)||Divya Khosla Kumar|
|Parent(s)||Gulshan Kumar (father)|
|Relatives||Krishan Kumar Dua (uncle)|
Tulsi Kumar (sister)
Bhushan Kumar was born in Delhi to the founder of T-Series, owner Gulshan Kumar and Sudesh Kumari Dua. Kumar married Divya Khosla on 13 February 2005 at the Maa Vaishno Devi shrine in Katra. They have a son born in October 2011.
Kumar took control of the music company T-Series in 1997 when he was 19 after the murder of his father Gulshan Kumar. He went on to become the Chairman and Managing Director of this number one music company in India.
As Managing Director, Kumar diversified the company's business into electronics, CDs, audio/video tapes and cassettes and film production. For this and for popularising Indian music overseas, he was honoured by the Government of India's Electronics and Software Export Promotion Council.
Kumar created a niche in the music market by acquiring the soundtracks of more recent films like Yeh Jawaani hai Deewani, OUATIMD, Chennai Express, Satyagraha, Lootera, Dabangg 2, Talaash, Son of Sardaar, Cocktail, Jism 2, Desi Boyz, Ra.One, Raaz 3, Kyaa Super Kool Hain Hum, Ek Main Aur Ekk Tu, The Dirty Picture, Bodyguard, Zindagi Na Milegi Dobara, Ready, and Tanu Weds Manu. He has also released the soundtracks for older films like Paa, Guzaarish, Fashion, Dabangg, Anjaana Anjaani, Pyaar Ke Side Effects, Om Shanti Om, Jab We Met and Don. In addition to film soundtracks, he has also regularly produced devotional albums.
Today, T-Series has ventured into not only acquiring soundtracks, but also in new media such as mobile, on-line digital, IPTV, FM & satellite radio, along with producing movies.
Bhushan Kumar has helped Bollywood music to reach 24 countries in over five continents by successfully distributing in the international mainstream market. He has promoted new talent such as Mithoon, Himesh Reshammiya and Fakir. Recently, Kumar roped in Atif Aslam for his music video Zindagi Aa Rahan Hu Main, whose music was instructed and given by Amaal Malik featuring Tiger Shroff. He then made the music video Chal Wahan Jaate Hain, featuring Tiger Shroff and Kriti Sanon, which was sung by Arijit Singh and directed by Ahmed Khan. The music director was Amaal Mallik and lyrics were penned by Rashmi Virag.
After firming his company's presence in the music market, Bhushan Kumar ventured out into making films.
In 2013, Kumar produced Nautanki Saala. The same year, Bushan Kumar released a remake of Aashiqui, Aashiqui 2. Aashiqui 2 proved to be a turning point for Bhushan's production house as it was considered to be one of the biggest blockbusters of 2013.
Kumar's subsequent projects included such films as Yaariyan, a youth-based film helmed by his wife Divya Khosla Kumar. In 2014, Bhushan Kumar revived B.R. Chopra Films with Bhoothnath Returns. He then entered the genre of sci-fi thriller with Creature 3D, starring Bipasha Basu and Imran Abbas and directed by Vikram Bhatt.
On 3 April 2017, Kumar signed a contract with Akshay Kumar in front of the 300-year-old Lord Shiva temple in Maheshwar for the movie Mogul, which is an official biopic based on the life of his father Gulshan Kumar.
|2005||Lucky: No Time for Love||Yes|
|2012||The Story Of Madras|
|2014||You Are My Shining Star|
|2014||Hate Story 2||Yes|
|2015||Ek Paheli Leela||Yes|
|2015||I Love New Year||Yes|
|2015||All Is Well||Yes|
|2015||Hate Story 3||Yes|
|2016||Mill Gaye Heer Ranjha|
|2018||Sonu Ke Titu Ki Sweety||Yes|
|2018||102 Not Out||Yes|
|2018||Batti Gul Meter Chalu||Yes|
|2019||De De Pyaar De||Yes|
|2020||Bhuj: The Pride of India||Yes||Filming|
- Kumar, Bhushan (27 November 2012). "Bhushan Kumar to have a working 35th birthday". Bollywood Hungama.
- Marriage (1 March 2005). "Bhushan Kumar marries Divya Khosla". Indiaglitz.
- Son (14 October 2011). "Bhushan Kumar blessed with a boy". Bollywood Hungama.
- Kumar, Bhushan (14 September 2012). "New Direction". Screen India. Archived from the original on 2 February 2013.
- Kumar, Bhushan (17 September 2012). "Music will always be the soul of a film: Bhushan Kumar". DNA.
- Independence day song (16 August 2012). "T-Series gets spontaneously patriotic with I-Day album". Radioandmusic.
- Salman Khan Mashup. "T-Series celebrates Salman khan!". Glamsham.
- Dabangg 2 (19 November 2012). "Salman performs intrinsic moves in song 'Pandeyjee Seeti Maare'". Glamsham.
- Talaash Music release (18 October 2012). "Audio Release of Talaash". Bollywood Hungama.
- SOS (16 October 2012). "Salman Khan's 'Po Po' song teaser from SON OF SARDAAR out". Glamsham.
- Mithoon (21 November 2012). "T-Series ropes in Mithoon for 3-film deal". Bollywood Hungama.
- Nautanki Saala (13 July 2012). "Bhushan Kumar to co-produce Rohan Sippy's next". Screen India. Archived from the original on 2 February 2013.
- Aashiqui 2 (11 June 2012). "T-Series & Vishesh Films' AASHIQUI 2 to release in December 2012". Bollywood Trade.
- Madhur Bhandarkar (7 November 2012). "Madhur Bhandarkar to direct film for T-Series". Bollywood Hungama.
- Milan Untitled (22 June 2012). "Saif in a T-Series film to be directed by Milan Luthria". Screen India.
- Bhushan Kumar (3 April 2017). "Akshay and Bhushan Kumar sign Mogul in a Shiva temple". Deccan Chronicle.