Bharti Sharma (born 15 October 1961), M.A. (Hindi) from Delhi University, National School of Drama Graduate (1987), is an Indian theater director, actor, and teacher. Her plays cover a variety of topics such as male/female relationships, mythology and philosophical themes.
Sharma after graduating from the National School of Drama in 1987 founded the Kshitij Theater Society with Bipin Kumar and few other NSD graduates. She has acted in more than 50 plays and directed more than 35 plays. She has participated in many National and International Theater Festival like 8th Theater Olympics, Bharat Rang Mahotasav, Mohan Rakesh Samman Samaroh, Bhartendu Natya Utsav, Kathmandu International Theater Festival 2008, National Women Directors Theater Festival, Bhopal and Chandigarh, Sangeet Natak Theater Festival, Chandigarh, Odean Theatre Festival etc.
|Title||Written by||Dramatized by|
|Goli Ek Paidayishi Ghulam||Acharya Chatursen||Bharti Sharma|
|Purnavatar||Pramathnath Bishi||Bharti Sharma|
|Begum Zainabadi||Sharad Pagare||Bharti Sharma|
|Ab Na Banegi Dehri||Padama Sachdeva||Bharti Sharma|
|Title||Written by||Directed in the year/for|
|Andha Yug||Dharamvir Bharati||2015, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Aadhe Adhure||Mohan Rakesh||2013, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi|
|Raag Droh||Ras Behari Dutt||2012, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi|
|Ab Na Banegi Dehri||Padama Sachdeva||2012, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Dilli Jo Ek Shahar Tha||Danish Iqbal||2011, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi|
|Begum Zainabadi||Sharad Pagare||2010, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Episode In The Life of An Author||Example||2010, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Kandhe Par Baitha Tha Shaap||Meera Kant||2010, Hindi Academy, Delhi|
|Sabse Bada Dharma||Renu Kumari||2008, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi|
|Pandit Jagannath||Sudhir Kulkarni||2007, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Nepatthya Raag||Meera Kant||2005, Sahitya Kala Parishad, Delhi|
|Main Hoon Na ... (In Time & Space)||Pramatnath Bishi||2003, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Goli Ek Paidayishi Ghulam||Acharya Chatursen||2001, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Pahaunch Wala Aadami||Alexander Gelman||1994, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Karmabhoomi||Vidhyadhar Pundlik||1993 & 2017, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Tughlaq||Girish Karnad||2017, Kshitij, Delhi|
|Peele Scooter Wala Aadami aur Bali aur Shambhu (Page 11)||Manav Kaul||2019, Kshitij, Delhi|
Television and film
The screen play of the film Kaala Heera written by her was Zee TV's entry for best screen play in Asian T.V. and Film Awards in 2001. She has also been awarded with senior fellowship by Ministry of Culture, Govt. of India for her research work entitled "Changing Styles and Methods of Theater Acting". She has been awarded the Best Actress Award by Natsamarat in 2013.
- "The Sunday Tribune - Spectrum". Tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Between gloom and glory". Thehindu.com. 5 January 2017. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "The Tribune, Chandigarh, India - The Tribune Lifestyle". Tribuneindia.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "PressReader.com - Connecting People Through News". Pressreader.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Kshitij Theatre Group". Kshitijtheatregroup.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Out of the ordinary". Thehindu.com. 25 October 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Delhi-East Delhi, Vol-8, Issue-25, Mar 02 - Mar 08, 2014". Cityplusepaper.jagran.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- Bajeli, Diwan Singh (2 December 2010). "Wounded". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Tried, tested and trusted". Thehindu.com. 24 December 2015. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Of Andha Yug and Romeo and Juliet". Asianage.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Ragas lose their classical sheen". Deccanherald.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "शास्त्रीय संगीत की लाज बचाने पृथ्वीलोक आए नारद मुनि". Navbharattimes.indiatimes.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Winsome threesome". Thehindu.com. 18 March 2011. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Play throws light on Aurangzeb's love life - The Asian Age". Archive.asianage.com. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "EPISODE IN THE LIFE OF AN AUTHOR STAGED AT TAGORE". Theindiapost.com. 1 June 2012. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Excellence... with a speck of a slip". Thehindu.com. 4 August 2006. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "Love and a river of anguish". Thehindu.com. 16 May 2008. Retrieved 31 August 2016.
- "The Hindu : Entertainment Delhi / Theatre : Main Hoon Na... yet again". Thehindu.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Rashtriya Sahara E-Paper - Hindi E-paper - Online Newspaper". Rashtriyasahara.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "DD Bharati presents Hindi Play 'Pahunch Wala Aadmi'". Sify.com. Retrieved 5 November 2017.
- "Imprisoned in the image". 15 December 2006. Retrieved 31 August 2016 – via The Hindu.