|Genre||Indian soap opera |
|Creative director(s)||Bhawna Bundela|
|Starring||Anupriya Kapoor |
|Country of origin||India|
|No. of seasons||2|
|No. of episodes||Season 1: Bhagyalakshmi - 220 Season 2: Saubhagyalakshmi - 46|
|Producer(s)||Rashmi Sharma |
Pawan Kumar Marut
|Production location(s)||Indore |
|Running time||Approx. 22 minutes|
|Production company(s)||Rashmi Sharma Telefilms Limited|
|Picture format||576i (SDTV)|
|Original release||2 March 2015 –|
1 January 2016
A second season of the show, post a generation leap, was aired on the same channel and time slot from January 4, 2016 and was titled Saubhagyalakshmi.
The show is about a young woman named Bhoomi who has to choose between her married life and professional life after she marries Anshuman "Maan" Prajapati from a rich traditional family.
However, Bhoomi soon dies and Divya takes over her responsibilities in the Prajapati household. She and Maan pretend to the family that Divya is in fact Bhoomi as Bhoomi's death was likely to destroy the entire family. However, as Maan and Divya start loving each other, Divya's former husband, Yuvraj, threatens to destroy their happy family to get Divya back. Meanwhile, the real Bhoomi who is shown to be in a coma, gives birth to her and Maan's daughter Muskaan.
Maan and Divya continue keeping her secret from the Prajapati family. Divya becomes pregnant with Maan's child but Yuvraj returns. The show ends with Yuvraj murdering all the members of the Prajapati family except Badi Maa. Badi Maa is shocked when Yuvraj exposes Divya's true identity. After Yuvraj shoots Maan and Divya, Badi Maa manages to kill him. A dying Divya gives birth to a daughter. Badi Maa, despite her hate for Divya and what her past life brought on for her family, decides to leave with Muskaan and her other granddaughter who she sees as Maan's blood.
- Aruna Irani as Vasundhara Prajapati "Badi Maa", matriarch of the Prajapati family
- Varun Sharma as Anshuman "Maan" Prajapati
- Simran Pareenja as Bhoomi, Anshuman's first wife
- Anupriya Kapoor as Divya, Anshuman's second wife
- Sara Khan as Pavitra Shukla, Anshuman's sister
- Chetan Hansraj / Manish Goel as Yuvraj Malhotra, Divya's first husband
- Barkha Singh as Surbhi, Anshuman's sister, Varun's first wife
- Abhishek Malik as Varun Shukla, Bhoomi's cousin
- Ashita Dhawan as Suman Inder Prajapati
- Ali Raza Namdar as Agrim Prajapati, Anshuman's father
- Shweta Gautam as Lata Agrim Prajapati, Anshuman's mother
- Anil Dhawan as Murlimohan Shukla, Varun's father
- Rita Bhaduri as Shanti Shukla, Bhoomi's grandmother
- Chetanya Adib as Bhoomi's father
- Sanjeev Jotangia as Bhoomi's uncle
- Shalini Arora as Bhoomi's aunt
- Akanksha Chamola as Avni
- Sumit Verma as Vikram, Avni's husband
- Gulfam Khan as Kaveri
- Baddhan, Raj (2015-12-28). "&TV's 'Bhaghyalakshmi' rechristened 'Saubhagyalakshmi'". BizAsia | Media, Entertainment, Showbiz, Events and Music. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "Saubhagyalaxmi - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "'Bhagyalakshmi': On the sets". The Times of India. 2015-09-07. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "Varun Sharma: Television industry is women-centric - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "It's end of Bhagyalakshmi for Simran Pareenja". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "What led to Anupriya's sudden exit from Bhagyalakshmi? - Times of India". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- "Sara to play a wannabe Bhojpuri star - Times of India ►". The Times of India. Retrieved 2019-09-05.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "Meet the 'over qualified' actress Barkha Singh". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2019-08-14.
- Team, Tellychakkar. "When Barkha Singh had a 'great fall'". Tellychakkar.com. Retrieved 2019-08-14.