Benjamin Lev is a Trustee Professor of Decision Sciences and Management Information Systems Department at Drexel University. He has been a prolific author and has made significant contributions in Operations Research and Management Science. He has contributed to the areas of inventory control, mathematical programming, and operations planning and scheduling. He is well known for his developments of Inventory Control Models, Transportation Problems, DEA and Fuzzy Decision Analyses.
His present editorial positions include the Editor-In-Chief of OMEGA - The International Journal of Management Science and the Co-Editor-In-Chief of International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management.
Lev received his PhD. in Operations Research from Case Western Reserve University. He has M.Sc. in Industrial Engineering and B.Sc. in Mechanical Engineering from the Technion – Israel Institute of Technology.
Lev is a Trustee Professor and former Head of Decision Sciences Department at Drexel University, Philadelphia PA since 2009. During 1990-2009 he served as the Dean of School of Management, the Chair of Department of Management Studies, Professor and an Emeritus Professor at University of Michigan–Dearborn, MI. From 1987 to 1990 he served as the Head of The Management Department at Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Worcester MA and during 1970 to 1987 he served as the Chair of Management Department and a Professor at Temple University, Philadelphia PA.
He is holding or has held a series of short faculty appointments at several universities as visiting professor, honorary professor, or adjunct professor: Wharton School (spring 1986), Tel-Aviv University (1974-75), San Jose State University (summer 1987), Tianjin University (summer 1986), Beijing Jiaotong University (2017–20), Chengdu University (2017–20), Nanjing University of Aeronautics and Astronautics (2018–20), Nanjing University of Information Science and Technology (2018–), and Nanjing Audit University (2018–).
Honors and awards
- Introduction to Mathematical Programming
- Energy Models and Studies
- Analytic Techniques for Energy Planning
- Production Management: Methods and Studies
- Strategic Planning in Energy and Natural Resources
- Engineering Management
- Advanced Business Analytics
- Big Data Management
- Data Science and Digital Business
- "Benjamin Lev". Lebow Faculty.
- "Researchers investigate behavior in quantum systems with a toy-inspired technique". Phys.org.
- "VISIT of EDITOR-IN-CHIEF OF OMEGA JOURNAL PROF. BENJAMIN LEV". Jiangsu University.
- "Co-EIC of International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management". International Journal of Management Science and Engineering Management.
- "Benjamin Lev Spreads Knowledge Worldwide". LeBow College of Business.
- "A Review of: "INTRODUCTION TO MATHEMATICAL PROGRAMMING. QUANTITATIVE TOOLS FOR DECISION MAKING"". Engineering Optimization. 1 January 1983. pp. 238–239. doi:10.1080/03052158308928047.