Benedetto Ghiglia (27 December 1921 – 4 July 2012) was an Italian composer, conductor and pianist.
Benedetto Ghiglia (2008)
|Born||27 December 1921|
|Died||4 July 2012 90) (aged|
Life and career
Since the early 1950s Ghiglia focused his career on composing film scores, often working in the documentary genre. In 1976 he formed the stage company "Teatro-Canzone" with his wife Adriana Martino. He also composed incidental music for all the stage plays by Mario Missiroli. Between 1980 and 1985 he was vice-president of the Teatro dell'Opera di Roma.
- Adiós gringo (1965)
- Six Days a Week (1965)
- Espionage in Tangier (1965)
- I Knew Her Well (1965)
- Balearic Caper (1966)
- Secret Agent Super Dragon (1966)
- 4 Dollars of Revenge (1966)
- A Stranger in Town (1967)
- The Strange Night (1967)
- Pigsty (1969)
- Corbari (1970)
- Tulips of Haarlem (1970)
- Lover of the Great Bear (1971)
- St. Michael Had a Rooster (1972)
- Trevico-Turin: Voyage in Fiatnam (1973)
- To Forget Venice (1979)
- Enzo Giannelli. "Benedetto Ghiglia". Gino Castaldo (edited by). Dizionario della canzone italiana. Curcio Editore, 1990.
- Andrea Pirrello (14 July 2012). "Addio al compositore Benedetto Ghiglia lavorò con Pasolini e i Taviani". Paese Sera.