Benalla Art Gallery
|Location||Botanical Gardens, Bridge Street, Benalla, VIC 3672|
The Benalla Art Gallery is a free, public gallery in Benalla, which opened in 1975. Victoria's Herald Sun newspaper described it in 2013 as one of Victoria's top ten regional galleries, with a "striking modernist building". The gallery complex was designed by Colin Munro and Philip Sargeant. The gallery's original design was reduced in size, culminating in an expansion proposal being canvassed in 2013. In 2013 a new art prize was announced for a work of the naked human figure. The winner of the non-acquisitive $50,000 2014 Benalla Nude Art Prize for 2014 was Juan Davila. Artists whose work is held by the Benalla Art Gallery include Constance Stokes.
- "Benalla Art Gallery's expansion plans unveiled". Benalla Ensign. 24 May 2013. Archived from the original on 2014-04-13. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Pountney, Michelle (30 July 2013). "Cultured country: 10 top art galleries in regional Victoria". Herald Sun. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- "Benalla goes nude". Art Almanac. 10 April 2013. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Ross, Annabel (April 11, 2014). "Juan Davila's nude lovers take out inaugural $50,000 Benalla prize". Sydney Morning Herald.
- McCulloch, Alan; Susan McCulloch; Emily McCulloch Childs (2006). The new McCulloch's Encyclopedia of Australian Art. Fitzroy, Victoria: Aus Art Editions in association with The Miegunyah Press. p. 911. ISBN 0-522-85317-X.
- "Benalla Art Gallery". Member galleries. Public Galleries Association of Victoria. Archived from the original on 30 May 2010. Retrieved 6 October 2013.
- Benalla Art Gallery website