Ben Newton (Australian footballer)
Ben Newton (born 8 August 1992) is a former professional Australian rules footballer who played for the Port Adelaide Football Club and Melbourne Football Club in the Australian Football League (AFL).
Newton at training during July 2015
|Full name||Benjamin Newton|
|Date of birth||8 August 1992|
|Original team(s)||South Fremantle|
|Draft||No. 35, 2010 National Draft|
Round 7, 2014, Port Adelaide|
vs. Greater Western Sydney, at StarTrack Oval
|Height||183 cm (6 ft 0 in)|
|Weight||85 kg (187 lb)|
|2011–2014||Port Adelaide||4 (0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2016.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
At the end of the 2014 season, Newton left Port Adelaide citing that he wanted more opportunities at AFL level. He was subsequently recruited by Melbourne as a delisted free agent. At the conclusion of the 2016 season, he was delisted by Melbourne.
|Totals||Averages (per game)|
- Capel, Andrew (2 May 2014). "Forgotten man Ben Newton ready to step up for Power". The Advertiser.
- Bednall, Jai (4 May 2014). "Port Adelaide youngster Ben Newton happy to make debut despite late call-up". The Advertiser.
- Thring, Harry (24 October 2014). "Ports delists trio as midfielder rejects new contract and quits club". AFL.com.au.
- Brown, Ashley (5 November 2014). "Newton's new start with the Demons". AFL.com.au.
- "Melbourne Delists Four More". Triple M. 21 October 2016. Archived from the original on 21 October 2016. Retrieved 21 October 2016.
- "Ben Newton". AFL Tables. Retrieved 23 April 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ben Newton (footballer).|
- Ben Newton's profile on the official website of the Melbourne Football Club
- Ben Newton's playing statistics from AFL Tables
- Ben Newton on Twitter
- Ben Newton's profile from Demonwiki