Benjamin Michaelson (born November 13, 1981) is a swimmer hailing from Seymour, Connecticut. He attended Seymour High School, later continuing his education and career at Southern Connecticut State University under head coach Timothy Quill and assistant coach CJ Moran. After college, he continued swimming at the SoNoCo swim club out of SCSU and later Club Wolverine. In 2003 he was ranked 11th in the world for the men's 100 long course meter fly, his time of 52.76 tied him for third on the all-time top times for Americans. In 2004, he placed 3rd in the 100 m fly behind Ian Crocker and Michael Phelps at the US Olympic Trials. He officially retired after in the latter months 2005, citing a need to move on with his life.
|Full name||Benjamin Michaelson|
|Born||November 13, 1981|
Seymour, Connecticut, U.S.
|College team||Southern Connecticut State University|
- 2003 NCAA Division II swimmer of the year
- 2003 Connecticut SportsWriters Alliance Bill Lee Award
- 2002 and 2003 Metropolitan Conference Swimmer of the Year
- "2003 Metropolitan Collegiate Swimming and Diving Championships Results". BE Smartt, Inc. 2003-02-21. Retrieved 2007-07-26.
- "2005 Men's Swimming and Diving Championships Records (PDF)" (PDF). NCAA. Archived from the original (PDF) on 2007-07-04. Retrieved 2007-07-22.