Benjamin Hockin Brusquetti (born 27 September 1986) is an Olympic freestyle swimmer, who has swum international for both Great Britain and Paraguay (his father is British, his mother is Paraguayan).
Stamps of Paraguay, 2011
|Full name||Benjamin Thomas Hockin Brusquetti|
|Born||27 September 1986|
|Height||2.05 m (6 ft 9 in)|
|Weight||92 kg (203 lb; 14.5 st)|
Hockin represented Great Britain at the 2008 Summer Olympics in the 4 × 100 m freestyle relay swimming events where his team finished eighth.
He swam for Paraguay at the 2010 South American Games, where he won 3 silver medals and a bronze medal. However, Hockin did not follow the proper steps to switch his sport nationality and has been banned for one year (retroactive to 23 May 2010).
At the 2012 Summer Olympics, he was Paraguay's flagbearer, and competed in the 100 and 200 m freestyle and the 100 m butterfly.
- "Athlete Biography – HOCKIN Ben". Beijing Olympics official website. Archived from the original on 13 August 2008.
- (in Spanish) Benjamin Hockin: Medal of honor, ABC Digital, 11 April 2010; retrieved 14 April 2010.
- (in Spanish) Benjamín Hockin, un deportista que vale oro (trans: Benjamin Hockin, an athlete who is golden); published by ABC Digital, 12 April 2010; retrieved 14 April 2010.
- "Ben Hockin Banned One Year by FINA for Improper Nationality Change". Swimming World Magazine. Archived from the original on 29 August 2012. Retrieved 10 December 2010.
- Benjamín Hockin será el abanderado en los Juegos Panamericanos Archived 23 March 2012 at the Wayback Machine (in Spanish)
- "Ben Hockin Bio, Stats, and Results". Olympics at Sports-Reference.com. Retrieved 1 May 2016.
- Benjamín Hockin quedó a 2 segundos de las semifinales
| Flagbearer for