Belfast Health and Social Care Trust
The Belfast Trust is a Health and Social Care Trust covering Belfast, Northern Ireland. The Trust is one of five new NHS trusts which were created on 1 April 2007 by the then Department of Health, Social Services and Public Safety (DHSSPS). The Belfast Trust employs 22,000 staff. It has responsibility for services to over 340,000 patients, provided at various hospitals including Belfast City Hospital, The Royal Hospitals, the Mater Hospital and Musgrave Park Hospital.
|Belfast Health and Social Care Trust|
|Type||Health and Social Care Trust|
|Established||1 April 2007|
|Headquarters||51 Lisburn Road |
|Chief executive||Martin Dillon|
The Trust opened a new supported housing scheme called Hemsworth Court costing £5 million with 35 apartments which aims to maintain the independence of people with dementia on Shankill Road in March 2015.
In March 2016 the waiting time for routine spinal appointments was 110 weeks rising in four-weekly increments each month because capacity in Musgrave Park Hospital spinal service does not meet the current demand for services.
According to Stephen McCarroll, owner of Surgical Systems Ireland, and an independent candidate in the 2016 Northern Ireland Assembly election, the trust reorganised its finance department in January 2009 and suppliers’ bills were not paid on time.
- "Belfast Trust Headquarters". Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. Retrieved 6 December 2019.
- "About the trust: Working for us". Belfast Health and Social Care Trust. Retrieved 4 August 2014.
- Belfast Trust - Index
- "NI Census 2011 - Key Statistics Summary Report, September 2014" (PDF). NI Statistics and Research Agency. Retrieved 28 September 2014.
- "£5M DEMENTIA HOUSING SCHEME OFFICIALLY OPENS IN BELFAST". Care Appointments. 12 March 2015. Retrieved 15 March 2015.
- "Shock at two-year wait for spinal appointment". Newsletter. 29 April 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2016.
- "'My son has been in pain for three years, now he faces a further 30-week wait for ear surgery'". Belfast Telegraph. 28 April 2017. Retrieved 28 April 2017.
- "Independent candidate in long battle with Civil Service". Banbridge Leader. 27 April 2016. Retrieved 6 May 2016.