|Key people||Scott Belsky; Will Allen; Zach McCullough|
|Launched||November 6, 2005|
Businesses like LinkedIn, AIGA, Adweek, and Cooper-Hewitt, National Design Museum, and schools such as Art Center College of Design, Rhode Island School of Design (RISD), School of Visual Arts (SVA), Savannah College of Art and Design (SCAD), and the Maryland Institute College of Art (MICA) have used their services. In July 2018, Behance had over 10 million members.
Users can sign up to Behance and build profiles consisting of projects. Both registered and unregistered users can "appreciate" any particular project, as well as comment on them. Members of Behance can follow other users' profiles.
Adobe Portfolio (formerly ProSite) is Behance's DIY web design application, similar to popular tools such as Weebly and Joomla. It is a personal portfolio side creation tool on the web and it syncs with a users Behance project. Adobe Portfolio can only be accessed by buying an Adobe Creative Cloud subscription
Content from the Behance Network gets fed into a network of sites called the Served sites, which display work in specific categories such as fashion, industrial design, and typography. In September 2010, more were added, including branding, digital art and toy design. In April 2012, advertising, art, architecture and more were added as categories.
Action Method is a productivity methodology targeting creative professionals. It includes a line of paper products (since 2014 sold by The Ghostly Store rather than Behance itself) and an online application called Action Method Online (although this was discontinued 1 June 2014). Its purpose is to connect every event with a set of specific tasks which the user can perform, called action steps.
- 2009 Webby Award Finalist (The Behance Network) – Self-Promotion/Portfolio Category
- 2009 Silicon Alley Insider Award Finalist – Most Loved Product or Service
- 2011 Webby Award Winner (The 99%) – Best Cultural Blog
- 2017 Webby Award Winner (Behance) – Community
- Registration is required for certain tasks.
- "behance.net Site Overview". Alexa. Alexa Internet. Retrieved 17 October 2014.
- "BeHance.net WHOIS, DNS, & Domain Info - DomainTools". WHOIS. Retrieved 2016-12-09.
- "News Analysis Adobe Behances The Creative Class With 150M Community Acquisition". blog.softwareinsider.org. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- "Adobe Acquires Social Media Platform Behance to Power its Creative Cloud Community". techcrunch.com. Retrieved February 21, 2013.
- School Galleries on Behance Archived 2015-07-13 at the Wayback Machine, Behance.net
- "On Using Graph Database technology at Behance. Interview with David Fox | ODBMS Industry Watch". Retrieved 2019-05-20.
- Staff, Inc (2019-02-27). "13 All-Star Founders Share the Single Best Piece of Advice They Ever Received". Inc.com. Retrieved 2019-07-24.
- "Crunchbase Overview Behance".
- "Interview with Founder of Behance: Challenges and Takeaways". zurb.com. Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- "How To Use The Action Method With Todoist". Productivityist. 2014-06-03. Retrieved 2019-08-07.
- "2011 Webby Award Winners". Webbyawards.com. October 28, 2011. Archived from the original on January 26, 2012. Retrieved January 16, 2012.
- "Congratulations To The Winners Of The 2009 Silicon Alley Awards!". Business Insider.
- "Home". Archived from the original on 2012-01-26.
- "Behance -- The Webby Awards". Retrieved 2019-04-14.
- "Automated Graphic Design". Modes of Criticism. 2016-12-22. Retrieved 2019-09-18.