Beau Maister (born 20 March 1986 as Beau Wilkes) is an Australian rules footballer who played with St Kilda and the West Coast Eagles in the Australian Football League (AFL) and for the Claremont Football Club in the West Australian Football League (WAFL).
|Full name||Beau Maister|
|Date of birth||20 March 1986|
|Place of birth||Albany, Western Australia|
|Original team(s)||Railways (GSFL)|
25th overall, 2005 Rookie Draft (West Coast)|
64th overall, 2007 Rookie Draft (West Coast)
59th overall, 2008 Rookie Draft (West Coast)
Rookie elevation, 2008 (West Coast)
68th overall, 2011 National Draft (St Kilda)
|Height||194 cm (6 ft 4 in)|
|Weight||96 kg (212 lb)|
|2012–2014||St Kilda||21 (26)|
|Representative team honours|
|2011||Western Australia||1 (0)|
1 Playing statistics correct to the end of 2014.
|Sources: AFL Tables, AustralianFootball.com|
2005-10: Career with West Coast
Maister, then known by his previous surname of Wilkes, was drafted from the rookie list by the Eagles in 2004, 2006 and for the third time following the 2007 season and finally made his AFL debut in the Eagles' upset victory over Adelaide at Subiaco Oval in Round 9 of the 2008 AFL season. He was delisted at the end of 2010.
2011: Career with Claremont (WAFL)
In 2011, Maister played in Claremont's WAFL premiership side. He kicked five goals and was awarded the Simpson Medal as the best player on the ground.
2012-14: Career with St Kilda
In Round 5, 2012, he played his first game for St Kilda and impressed, kicking three goals before being subbed off.
- Welsh and several rookies handed another shot
- "Wirrpanda celebrates in style". Archived from the original on 26 May 2008. Retrieved 25 May 2008.
- "West Coast List Lodgement for 2011". Archived from the original on 4 November 2010. Retrieved 20 November 2010.
- Claremont win WAFL premiership
- Beau Maister announces immediate retirement: afl.com.au
- AFLNZ names New Zealand Heritage Team
- St Kilda forward Beau Wilkes changes his name: news.com.au