Baylè 1879 wallet / palm pistol
The Baylè Pistol was a 6 barrel pistol of French origin introduced in 1879. The barrels were stacked vertically and firing was actuated with a double-action trigger mechanism firing each round at a time.
|Baylè 1879 wallet / palm pistol|
|Place of origin||France|
- Grimes, Charles M. (September 1972). "In Pursuit of a French Wallet Pistol". The Gun Report. Aledo, IL: Bruce Canfield: 42+.
- Meyer, Bernard (December 1989). "La Mitrailleuse de Poche Bayle". Gazette des Armes (in French). Paris, France: Gazette des Armes (196): 20–24. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- Dexter, F. Theodore (1960). Half Century Scrapbook Of Vari-Type Firearms. Photography by Orville Logan Snider. p. 134.
- Dunlap, Jack; Winant, Lewis (1967). American, British and Continental pepperbox firearms. p. 273.
- Guns and Hunting, September 1962
- Shooting Times, December 1962