Battle of Yultong
The Battle of Yultong (Korean: 율동 전투, Filipino: Labanan sa Yuldong/Labanan sa Tulay ng Yuldong), also known as the Battle of Meiluodong (Chinese: 美罗洞战斗; pinyin: Měiluódòng Zhàndòu), was a battle of the Korean War. It was fought between elements of the Chinese People's Volunteer Army 44th Division and the Filipino 10th Battalion Combat Team (BCT), north of Yeoncheon during April 22–23, 1951.
As part of the First Chinese Spring Offensive, the Chinese 44th Division attacked the US 65th Infantry Regiment of the US 3rd Infantry Division near Yeoncheon on the night of April 22. The Filipino 10th BCT, part of the 65th Infantry Regiment, was soon trapped at the Yultong area by 23:00. Although the 10th BCT had lost all contacts with the outside world, the Filipinos held their position until the Chinese stopped their attacks on the morning of April 23. The 10th BCT's action at Yultong allowed the US 3rd Infantry Division to successfully withdraw from the battlefield and later turned the tide of the Korean War.
- Chinese Military Science Academy & (2000), pp. 312, 315.
- Villahermosa & (2009), p. 104.
- Hu, Ma & (1987), p. 55.
- Chinese Military Science Academy & (2000), p. 315.
- War History Compilation Committee & (1977), p. 315, Excerpt reads: "During this action, the enemy losses were more than 500 killed and two captured, while BCT suffered with 12 KIA, 38 WIA and 6 MIA."
- Chae et al., p. 625.
- Chae et al., pp. 625, 627.
- Villahermosa, Gilberto N. (2009), Honor and Fidelity: The 65th Infantry in Korea, 1950-1953, Washington, D.C.: United States Army Center of Military History, retrieved 2010-11-09
- Chae, Han Kook; Chung, Suk Kyun; Yang, Yong Cho (2001), Yang, Hee Wan; Lim, Won Hyok; Sims, Thomas Lee; Sims, Laura Marie; Kim, Chong Gu; Millett, Allan R. (eds.), The Korean War, Volume II, Lincoln, NE: University of Nebraska Press, ISBN 978-0-8032-7795-3
- Chinese Military Science Academy (2000), History of War to Resist America and Aid Korea (抗美援朝战争史) (in Chinese), Volume II, Beijing: Chinese Military Science Academy Publishing House, ISBN 7-80137-390-1
- Hu, Guang Zheng (胡光正); Ma, Shan Ying (马善营) (1987), Chinese People's Volunteer Army Order of Battle (中国人民志愿军序列) (in Chinese), Beijing: Chinese People's Liberation Army Publishing House, OCLC 298945765
- War History Compilation Committee (1977), The History of the United Nations Forces in the Korean War, 6, Seoul: Republic of Korea Ministry of National Defense, OCLC 769331231
- Uldarico Baclagon, Philippine Campaigns, Graphic House (Publishing), 1958
- Baclagon, Military History of the Philippines, Saint Mary's Publishing, 1975