Bathe In the River
|"Bathe in the River"|
|Single by Mt Raskil Preservation Society featuring Hollie Smith|
|from the album No. 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack|
|Released||28 July 2006|
|Format||CD single, digital download|
|Hollie Smith singles chronology|
The song was nominated for Single of the Year at the 2006 New Zealand Music Awards. Songwriter Don McGlashan won the 2006 APRA Silver Scroll for "Bathe in the River". His own version of the song is on his 2009 solo album Marvellous Year.
Mt Raskil Preservation Society
Mt Raskil Preservation Society was a supergroup put together specifically to record "Bathe in the River" for the soundtrack of the New Zealand film No.2. As well as featured vocalist Hollie Smith, the group also included singer Bella Kalolo, musicians David Long and Sean Donnelly, and Auckland's Jubilation Choir. The group's name is a pun on the Auckland suburb of Mount Roskill, where the film No. 2 was set.
Single track listing
|1.||"Bathe in the River"||4:25|
|2.||"Bathe in the River" (video)|
Chart and sales performance
|Chart (2009)||Peak position||Certification||Sales|
|New Zealand Singles Chart||2||Platinum||15,000+|
- All Blacks: The Music, Various Artists, Sony & BMG Entertainment New Zealand, 27 August 2007
- The Great New Zealand Songbook - The Music, Various Artists, Thom Marketing, 30 April 2009
- "Mt Raskil PS feat. Hollie Smith - Bathe In The River". charts.nz.
- "12 JUNE 2006". Official NZ Music Charts. Recorded Music NZ. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Mt Raskil Preservation Society". NZ On Screen. NZ On Screen. Retrieved 23 February 2015.
- "Latest Gold / Platinum Singles". RadioScope. Archived from the original on 2 June 2010. Retrieved 23 March 2010.
|Wikinews has related news: New Zealand songwriter Don McGlashan wins second Silver Scroll|