Barnaby and Me
Barnaby and Me is a 1978 Australian TV movie about a girl and her talking koala Barnaby who are pursued by criminals. The film was produced by Transatlantic Enterprises in association with Six Flags, presented as the theme park company's first foray into the movie business.
|Barnaby and Me|
|Directed by||Norman Panama|
|Produced by||Matthew Herman|
|Written by||James Henerson|
- Sid Caesar as Leo Fisk.
- Juliet Mills as Jennifer, a young widow of a famed traveler and hunter.
- Sally Boyden as Linda, daughter of Jennifer.
- Hugh Keays-Byrne as Huggins, employee at an international syndicate.
Additionally, Rangi Nicols plays Ko, a native of the mysterious outback colony of Happy Valley. John Newcombe also appears as himself in a scene where competes with Barnaby in a frenzies match on the court.
- Ed. Scott Murray, Australia on the Small Screen 1970-1995, Oxford Uni Press, 1996 p11
- "Six Flags Produces Motion Pictures". The Taylor Daily Press. 21 April 1978.
- "People". The Australian Women's Weekly. National Library of Australia. 10 November 1976. p. 9. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- "People". The Australian Women's Weekly. National Library of Australia. 19 January 1977. p. 9. Retrieved 14 July 2013.
- Normann, Debra (14 May 1978). "Unpredictable Koala Making Starring Debut". El Paso Times.