|Born||27 September 1929|
|Died||20 May 2014 84) (aged|
(m. 1952; div. 1964)
Bill "Peter" Holmes (m. 1964; div. ??)
Murray was most active in the 1940s and 1950s as a fresh-faced leading lady in many British films such as Passport to Pimlico (1949) and Meet Mr. Lucifer (1953). Film work continued into the 1960s (including a role in the Tony Hancock film The Punch and Judy Man) but she was to appear more frequently on television, and is possibly best known for her role as Lady Pamela Wilder in the 1960s drama series The Plane Makers (and the sequel, The Power Game).
Her other TV credits include: The Escape of R.D.7, Danger Man, The Saint, Department S, Strange Report, The Pallisers (in which she played a major role as Madame Max Goesler, a wealthy foreign widow), The Mackinnons, Doctor Who (in the serial Black Orchid), Albert and Victoria and The Bretts.
Murray had three daughters from her marriage to the actor John Justin, but after twelve years of marriage, the couple divorced in 1964. That same year, Murray married Bill "Peter" Holmes, an English literature teacher and former film actor (using the "Peter" first name); this marriage also ended in divorce.
- Anna Karenina (1948) - Undetermined Role (uncredited)
- Saraband for Dead Lovers (1948) - (uncredited)
- To the Public Danger (1948)
- Badger's Green (1949) - Jane Morton
- Passport to Pimlico (1949) - Shirley Pemberton
- A Boy, a Girl and a Bike (1949) - Minor Role (uncredited)
- Poet's Pub (1949) - Nelly Bly
- Don't Ever Leave Me (1949) - Joan Robbins
- Boys in Brown (1949) - Kitty Hurst
- Tony Draws a Horse (1950) - Joan Parsons
- The Dark Man (1951) - Carol Burns
- Mystery Junction (1951) - Pat Dawn
- Another Man's Poison (1951) - Chris Dale
- The Frightened Man (1952) - Amanda
- Hot Ice (1952) - Mary
- Street Corner (1953) - WPC Lucy Loggart
- Death Goes to School (1953) - Miss Shepherd
- Meet Mr. Lucifer (1953) - Patricia
- The Teckman Mystery (1954) - Kitty
- Doctor at Large (1957) - Kitty
- Campbell's Kingdom (1957) - Jean Lucas
- A Cry from the Streets (1958) - Ann Fairlie
- Operation Bullshine (1959) - Pvt. Betty Brown
- The Punch and Judy Man (1963) - Lady Jane Caterham
- Doctor in Distress (1963) - Iris Marchant - Physiotherapist
- A Hard Day's Night (1964) - Picture in Paul's Daily Express (uncredited)
- A Dandy in Aspic (1968) - Miss Vogler
- Some Will, Some Won't (1970) - Lucille
- Up Pompeii (1971) - Ammonia
- Tales From the Crypt (1972) - Enid Jason (segment 4 "Wish You Were Here")
- The Curse of King Tut's Tomb (1980) - Giovanna Antoniella
- The Power (1984) - Tommy's Mother
- The Harpist (1999) - Mrs. Budde (final film role)
- "Obituary: Barbara Murray. Actress..." Daily Express. 7 June 2014. Retrieved 4 February 2018.
- "Barbara Murray - obituary".
- "The Punch and Judy Man (1963)". British Film Institute.
- "Barbara Murray". British Film Institute.
- "Filmography: Barbara Murray..." AllMovie.
- Eric Shorter. "Obituary: John Justin". The Guardian. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- "Obituary: Barbara Murray". The Stage. Retrieved 30 May 2014.
- Farquhar, Simon (2 June 2014). "Barbara Murray: Former Rank starlet..." The Independent. Retrieved 4 February 2018.