Balmacara (Scottish Gaelic: Baile MacRath) is a scattered village on the north shore of Loch Alsh near Kyle of Lochalsh, Ross-shire, Highland and is in the Scottish council area of the Highland, Scotland. In 1946, Lady Hamilton, bequeathed the 2750 Hectare Balmacara crofting estate to the people of Scotland, by donating it to the National Trust for Scotland. In 1954 the nearby Lochalsh House was conveyed to the Trust.
|OS grid reference||NG816272|
|Sovereign state||United Kingdom|
|Postcode district||IV40 8|