Baliung River is a river flowing in southern Java, within the Banten province, Indonesia. The upstream starts in the southern mountains of Java; it flows southward into the Indian Ocean, about 130 kilometres (81 mi) southwest of Jakarta.
Tjibaliung, Tji Baliung
|Native name||Ci Baliung|
|⁃ location||Banten, Indonesia|
|Indian Ocean, Banten, Indonesia|
The watershed area (Indonesian: Daerah Aliran Sungai) of Baliung river belongs to the Cibaliung-Cisawarna river region (Indonesian: Wilayah Sungai), one of the four river region in Banten, and one of the two river area under the authority of Banten Province. There are 75 watershed areas in Cibaliung-Cisawarna river region.
The river flows in the southwest area of Java with predominantly tropical rainforest climate (designated as Af in the Köppen-Geiger climate classification). The annual average temperature in the area is 23 °C. The warmest month is March, when the average temperature is around 26 °C, and the coldest is May, at 21 °C. The average annual rainfall is 3842 mm. The wettest month is December, with an average of 497 mm rainfall, and the driest is September, with 89 mm rainfall.
- Ci Baliung at Geonames.org (cc-by); Last updated 2013-06-04; Database dump downloaded 2015-11-27
- Rand McNally, The New International Atlas, 1993.
- Daerah Aliran Sungai (DAS) dan Wilayah Sungai (WS)di Provinsi Banten. Oleh:R.D Ambarwati, ST.MT. Provinsi Banten. Diakses 5 Februari 2018.
- Berdasarkan Peraturan Menteri Pekerjaan Umum dan Perumahan Rakyat Nomor 4/PRT/M/2015 tentang Kriteria dan Penetapan Wilayah Sungai.
- "NASA Earth Observations Data Set Index". NASA. 30 January 2016.
- Peel, M C; Finlayson, B L; McMahon, T A (2007). "Updated world map of the Köppen-Geiger climate classification". Hydrology and Earth System Sciences. 11: 1633–1644. doi:10.5194/hess-11-1633-2007. Retrieved 30 January 2016.
- "NASA Earth Observations: Rainfall (1 month - TRMM)". NASA/Tropical Rainfall Monitoring Mission. 30 January 2016.