Residential building in Bad Soden, designed by Friedensreich Hundertwasser
Coat of arms
|Coordinates: 50°08′N 08°30′E|
|Subdivisions||3 Stadtteile: Bad Soden, Neuenhain, Altenhain|
|• Mayor||Frank Blasch (CDU)|
|• Total||12.55 km2 (4.85 sq mi)|
|Elevation||130-385 m (−1,133 ft)|
|• Density||1,800/km2 (4,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET/CEST (UTC+1/+2)|
|Dialling codes||06196, 06174 (Altenhain)|
Bad Soden is a residential town for commuters working in Frankfurt am Main and other surrounding cities. It is known for its various springs, which contain carbonic acid gas and various iron oxides. The waters are used both internally and externally, and are widely exported. Soden lozenges (German: Sodener Pastillen), condensed from the waters, are also in great demand. Bad Soden has a well-appointed Kurhaus, an Evangelical and a Roman Catholic church, and a hospital. It also has a residential building by the architect Friedensreich Hundertwasser. Bad Soden has two Districts: Altenhein am Taunus and Neuenhein am Taunus.
- 1893–1912: Georg Busz
- 1912–1920: Friedrich Höh
- 1920–1923: Niederschulte
- 1925–1937: Alfred Benninghoven
- 1937–1939: Jakob Rittgen
- 1939–1945: Karl Bohle
- 1945–1948: Kuno Mayer
- 1948–1957: Gilbert Just
- 1957–1967: August Karl Wallis
- 1967–1973: Helmuth Schwinge
- 1973–1977: Hans-Helmut Kämmerer
- 1977–1985: Volker Hodann
- 1985–1986: Hans Jörg Röhrich (official by the government)
- 1986–1992: Berthold R. Gall
- 1992–2004: Kurt E. Bender
- 2004–2018: Norbert Altenkamp
- 2018–present: Frank Blasch
- Christian Seybold (1695–1768), artist of the era of Baroque; was baptized in Neuenhain (Taunus), lived until 1715 in Soden
- Georg Thilenius (1868–1937), ethnologist and anthropologist
- Peter Lang (1878–1954), member of the parliament of the People's State of Hesse in the Weimar Republic
- Otto Frank, (1889–1980), father of Anne Frank, worked in Bad Soden before moving to the Netherlands with his family.
- Elvira Bach (born 1951), German artist and painter, she was born in Neuenhain (Taunus) and lives in Berlin since 1970
- Sabine Winter (born 1992), German table tennis player, was born in Bad Soden.
- Michael Jung (born 1983), German equestrian
References in Literature
- "Bevölkerungsstand am 31.12.2018". Hessisches Statistisches Landesamt (in German). July 2019.
- Joachim Kromer: Bad Soden am Taunus Bestehen aus der Geschichte. Verlag Waldemar Kramer, Frankfurt am Main 1990.
- "Die fünf Partnerstädte von Bad Soden am Taunus". bad-soden.de (in German). Bad Soden am Taunus. Retrieved 2019-11-27.
- Internetauftritt der Stadt Bad Soden am Taunus
- There is literature about Bad Soden in the Hessian Bibliography
- Literature by and about Bad Soden in the German National Library catalogue
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Bad Soden.|