Ayşenur İslam (born Külahlıoğlu; born 16 January 1958) is a Turkish university lecturer and politician. On 25 December 2013, she was appointed as the Minister of Family and Social Policy in the third cabinet of Erdoğan and served until 28 August 2015.
|Minister of Family and Social Policy|
25 December 2013 – 28 August 2015
|Prime Minister||Recep Tayyip Erdoğan|
|Preceded by||Fatma Şahin|
|Succeeded by||Ayşen Gürcan|
|Member of the Grand National Assembly|
12 June 2011 – 1 November 2015
|Constituency||Sakarya (2011, June 2015)|
16 January 1958
Üsküdar, Istanbul, Turkey
|Political party||Justice and Development Party (AKP)|
|Occupation||Politician, university lecturer|
She was born to Mehmet İslam and his wife Cahide on 16 January 1958 in Üsküdar, Istanbul. She studied Turkish literature at Ankara University and earned a master's degree at the same university. She received her PhD from Gazi University.
She is the daughter-in-law of Nadir Latif İslam, a former deputy from the Justice Party (AP), who is also the father-in-law of Merve Kavakçı. Her husband Bahadır İslam is a physician, who volunteers in relief organizations. He was on board the MV Mavi Marmara, which was involved in the Gaza flotilla raid in 2010.
On 26 December 2013, she assumed office as the Minister of Family and Social Policy, succeeding Fatma Şahin during Erdoğan's cabinet reshuffle with ten new names that was announced the day before, on 25 December, following the 2013 corruption scandal in Turkey.
It was reported that President Abdullah Gül played also a role for her entry into the cabinet. During her civil servant time, she had worked together with the President's secretary general Mustafa İsen. She is a capacity in social policies.
- "İşte yeni bakanların özgeçmişi". Radikal (in Turkish). 26 December 2013. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Ayşenur İslam" (in Turkish). TBMM. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Ass. Prof. Dr. Ayşenur İslam named Minister of Family and Social Policies". Aile ve Soyal Politikalar Bakanlığı. 26 December 2013. Archived from the original on 1 February 2014. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "Ayşenur İslam'ın eşi bakın kim çıktı?". Milliyet (in Turkish). 26 December 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- "Üç bakan istifa etti". Hürriyet (in Turkish). 25 December 2013. Retrieved 26 December 2013.
- Yılmazi Turan & Esra Kaya (26 December 2013). "Kabinede 10 değişiklik". Hürriyet (in Turkish). Retrieved 28 December 2013.
- "PM Erdoğan announces new Cabinet with 10 changes amid graft probe". Hürriyet Daily News. 25 December 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
- "PM Erdoğan announces 10 new names in major Cabinet reshuffle". Today's Zaman. 25 December 2013. Retrieved 30 January 2014.
| Minister of Family and Social Policy
26 December 2013 – 28 August 2015