Aura (Finnish pronunciation: [ˈɑurɑ]) is a municipality of Finland. The name derives from the river Aura and the plough (aura in Finnish) reminiscent shape of the municipality. The municipality was established in 1917 from parts of Lieto and Pöytyä.
Coat of arms
Location of Aura in Finland
|Coordinates: 60°39′N 022°35′E|
|• Municipal manager||Jari Kesäniemi|
|• Total||95.58 km2 (36.90 sq mi)|
|• Land||94.98 km2 (36.67 sq mi)|
|• Water||0.59 km2 (0.23 sq mi)|
|Area rank||301st largest in Finland|
|• Rank||203rd largest in Finland|
|• Density||41.9/km2 (109/sq mi)|
|Population by native language|
|• Finnish||98.1% (official)|
|Population by age|
|• 0 to 14||21%|
|• 15 to 64||65.9%|
|• 65 or older||13.1%|
|Time zone||UTC+02:00 (EET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+03:00 (EEST)|
|Municipal tax rate||20.25%|
It is part of the Varsinais-Suomi region. The municipality has a population of 3,980 (31 January 2019) and covers an area of 95.58 square kilometres (36.90 sq mi) of which 0.59 km2 (0.23 sq mi) is water. The population density is 41.9 inhabitants per square kilometre (109/sq mi).
The municipality is unilingually Finnish.
- "Area of Finnish Municipalities 1.1.2018" (PDF). National Land Survey of Finland. Retrieved 30 January 2018.
- "Suomen virallinen tilasto (SVT): Väestön ennakkotilasto [verkkojulkaisu]. Tammikuu 2019" (in Finnish). Statistics Finland. Retrieved 15 March 2019.
- "Population according to language and the number of foreigners and land area km2 by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 29 March 2009.
- "Population according to age and gender by area as of 31 December 2008". Statistics Finland's PX-Web databases. Statistics Finland. Retrieved 28 April 2009.
- "List of municipal and parish tax rates in 2011". Tax Administration of Finland. 29 November 2010. Retrieved 13 March 2011.
- Municipality of Aura – Official website (in Finnish)