Dr. Augustin Cabanès (30 April 1862 – 5 May 1928) was a French doctor, historian and author of numerous works of fiction and history. He was known for his books on historical medical mysteries.
Dr. Augustin Cabanès
|Born||30 April 1862|
|Died||5 May 1928 66)(aged|
|Pen name||Doctor Quercy|
|Occupation||Doctor, Writer, Historian|
He studied medicine in Bordeaux and Paris, defending his doctorate in 1889 with a thesis involving Hydrastis canadensis. As a physician, he was associated with the Préfecture de la Seine. In 1894, he founded Chronique médicale, a popular journal dealing with unpublished articles on the health of literary and historical figures.
Partial list of works
- Marat inconnu; l'homme privé, le médecin, le savant (1891)
- Le cabinet secret de l'histoire, (1897), "Secret Cabinet of History Peeped into By a Doctor".
- "Curious Bypaths of History: Being Medico-Historical Studies and Observations" (1898)
- Balzac ignoré (1899)
- Les Morts mysterieuses de l'histoire (1900)
- Les indiscrétions de l'histoire (1900)
- Mœurs intimes du passé (1900)
- Les curiosités de la médecine (1900)
- La névrose révolutionnaire (1906)
- Au chevet de l'empereur (1924)
- Les cinq sens (1926)
- Dans les coulisses de l'histoire (1929).
- La Tradition: revue générale des contes, légendes, chants, usages ... by International Society of Military Collectors