Auburn Junction, Indiana
|Coordinates: 41°21′07″N 85°04′29″W|
|Elevation||866 ft (264 m)|
|GNIS feature ID||430337|
At Auburn Junction, the Baltimore & Ohio Railroad, the Eel River Railroad, and the Fort Wayne, Jackson & Saginaw Railroad all met at grade. The only thing that remains of Auburn Junction today is the B&O trackage, now owned by CSX and a half-mile section of the Ft Wayne, Jackson & Saginaw that serves as an industrial spur to two local businesses.
Auburn Junction is located at 41°21′07″N 85°04′29″W.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on September 11, 2013. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "Auburn Junction, Indiana". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2009-10-10.
- History of DeKalb County, Indiana: Together with Sketches of Its Cities, Villages and Towns. Inter-State Publishing Company. 1885. p. 638.
- Baker, Ronald L. (October 1995). From Needmore to Prosperity: Hoosier Place Names in Folklore and History. Indiana University Press. p. 56. ISBN 978-0-253-32866-3.
The village developed as a railroad junction near Auburn, for which it was named.
- "DeKalb County". Jim Forte Postal History. Retrieved 3 September 2014.