Atlas in the Land of the Cyclops
Atlas in the Land of the Cyclops (Italian: Maciste nella terra dei ciclopi) is a 1961 Italian film starring Gordon Mitchell and Chelo Alonso.
|Atlas Against the Cyclops|
Spanish lobby card
|Directed by||Antonio Leonviola|
|Story by||Oreste Biancoli|
|Music by||Carlo Innocenzi|
|Edited by||Mario Serandrei|
Queen Capys is doomed to a life of slavery by the Powers of Darkness until the last descendant of Ulysses is put to death to please the Cyclops. This is almost accomplished in a raid on a village by the Queen's soldiers where a descendant of Ulysses is killed and his wife enslaved; however, their infant son is taken away to be protected by Maciste.
- Gordon Mitchell as Maciste
- Chelo Alonso as Queen Capys
- Vira Silenti as Queen Penope
- Dante DiPaolo as Ifito
- Aldo Bufi Landi as Sirone
- Giotto Tempestini as Aronio
- Raffaella Carrà as Eber
- Paul Wynter as Mumba
- Massimo Righi as Efros
- Aldo Pedinotti as Cyclops
Atlas Against the Cyclops was released in Italy on March 29, 1961 with a 90 minute running time. It was released in the United States on April 14, 1963 with a 100 minute running time.
It has been objected that in spite of the original title there is no "Atlas" to be found in either the Italian nor the English dubbed film version.
- Kinnard & Crnkovich 2017, p. 146.
- Hughes 2011, p. 15.
- Atlas in the Land of the Cyclops on IMDb
- Atlas in the Land of the Cyclops is available for free download at the Internet Archive