|Atlantic Ferry a.k.a. Sons of the Sea|
|Directed by||Walter Forde|
|Produced by||Max Milder (uncredited)|
Culley Forde (associate producer)
|Written by||Derek MacIver (story)|
Wynne MacIver (story)
|Music by||Jack Beaver|
|Edited by||Terence Fisher|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros.|
In 1830s Liverpool, brothers Charles and David MacIver (Redgrave and Jones, respectively) set out to prove the worth of steamships by being the first to cross the Atlantic from Britain to the United States. Their first attempt, the Gigantic, fails, but their second attempt, RMS Britannia, succeeds.
- Michael Redgrave as Charles MacIver
- Valerie Hobson as Mary Ann Morison
- Griffith Jones as David MacIver
- Hartley Power as Samuel Cunard
- Margaretta Scott as Susan Donaldson
- Bessie Love as Begonia Baggot
- Milton Rosmer as George Burns
- Frederick Leister as James Morison
- Henry Oscar as Josiah Eagles
- Edmund Willard as Robert Napier
- Charles Victor as Tim Grogan
- Frank Tickle as Mr. Donaldson
- Leslie Bradley as Horatio Stubbs
- Felix Aylmer as Bank president
- Joss Ambler as Dr. Lardner
- Love, Bessie (1977). From Hollywood with Love: An Autobiography of Bessie Love. London: Elm Tree Books. p. 154. OCLC 734075937.
- "Atlantic Ferry (1941)". British Film Institute. Retrieved 7 September 2014.
- Gifford, Denis, ed. (2016). British Film Catalogue. Routledge. p. 506.
- "Atlantic Ferry". Picture Show Annual. London: Amalgamated Press, Ltd. 1942. p. 156.
- Anderson, L.C. (25 April 1942). "What the Picture Did for Me". Motion Picture Herald. p. 51.
Put this one on the shelf. It won't suit folks who are accustomed to seeing good films made in America.
- "Sons of the Sea (1942)". TCM.
- "Sons of the Sea (1942)". AllMovie.
- Warner Bros financial information in The William Shaefer Ledger. See Appendix 1, Historical Journal of Film, Radio and Television, (1995) 15:sup1, 1–31 p. 22 DOI: 10.1080/01439689508604551
- Atlantic Ferry on IMDb
- Sons of the Sea at AllMovie
- Sons of the Sea at the TCM Movie Database
- Film stills from Picture Show Annual