Association of Old Crows
The Association of Old Crows is an international nonprofit professional organization specializing in electronic warfare, tactical information operations, and associated disciplines headquartered in Alexandria, Virginia. Its mission is to "advocate the need for a strong defense capability emphasizing electronic warfare and information operations to government, industry, academia, and the public."
|Industry||Electronic Warfare, Information Operations, Cyberwarfare|
|Headquarters||Alexandria, Virginia, United States|
The name "Old Crows" emerged from the first use of electronic warfare in World War II to disrupt Axis communications and radars. Allied equipment and operators were known by the code name "Raven". Common jargon changed the name to "Crows" and those engaged in the profession became known as "Old Crows".
The organization draws expertise and information from its members, a pool of thousands of individuals including technology specialists and actual military personnel. It is involved in advancing electronic warfare and information-gathering techniques, disseminating information on these topics, and supporting the education of personnel in related scientific matters.
Journal of Electronic Defense
The organization publishes the Journal of Electronic Defense (JED) as a monthly magazine of military science covering developments in the fields of electronic warfare, signals intelligence, electronic intelligence and communications intelligence.
JED was established in 1978. The magazine is the official media outlet of the Association. The magazine has its headquarters in Gainesville, Florida.
- Bridgette Anderson. "Mission & History – Uncategorized – About". Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2011-09-28. Retrieved 2011-08-28.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)
- Bridgette Anderson. "About AOC – Uncategorized – About". Archived from the original on 8 December 2015. Retrieved 8 December 2015.
- Chapman, Bert (2008). Space warfare and defense: a historical encyclopedia and research guide. ABC-CLIO. p. 354. ISBN 9781598840063.
- "JED". Association of Old Crows. Retrieved 30 January 2016.