Association of China and Mongolia International Schools
Association of China and Mongolia International Schools (otherwise known as ACAMIS; traditional Chinese: 中蒙國際學校協會; simplified Chinese: 中蒙国际学校协会; pinyin: Zhōng Měng Guójì Xuéxiào Xiéhuì) is a non-profit association of international schools in eastern Asia and comprises over fifty international schools from China, Hong Kong, Macau, Taiwan and Mongolia. The association acts as a networking platform with the aims to broaden the education dimensions of participating schools, advance the professional growth of school staff members, promote international friendship within the schools through activities, encourage student interaction through extra curricular activities in sports, the arts, and environmental issues, and finally collaborate on the professional development of participating members.
|Type||Education and Athletic|
Members of ACAMIS are all international schools within the region, having commitment to an international program delivered in English. A few of the acceptable curricula are major international, American, Canadian, Australian, or British programs, including, International Baccalaureate, CIS, WASC, NEASC, Middle States Association Accreditation, Ontario, New Brunswick and Alberta education systems, New South Wales Board of Studies, and OFSTED.
ACAMIS holds an annual conference that hosts workshops in regards in learning and the dynamics of interaction with the Chinese culture. This year’s conference is hosted at the Suzhou Singapore International School in July.
In addition to education and staff development, ACAMIS is also a major sports league in the region, hosting sports tournaments between schools, usually happening after ISAC (International Schools Association of China), and before APAC (Asia-Pacific Activities Conference) events.
The activity and sporting wing of the association is called the Association of China and Mongolia International Schools Sports League (or ACAMIS Sports League), and is one of the largest activities and athletics association in the region. All participating members of ACAMIS are automatically members of the sports league. The ACAMIS Sports League is designed to better meet the aims of ACAMIS through athletic activities by allowing students to experience and participate in cooperative and competitive sport, providing a safe environment, and allowing for students the opportunity to travel and meet new friends.
Sports are divided into gender groups, and different divisions, with six participating schools per division. Major sports rules are applied in ACAMIS tournaments, however, there are minor changes to sure their goal to provide a safe environment for the students to play in. Tournaments are played in round robin, followed by elimination games for the outstanding teams.
They are known for producing world-class high school athletes such as Nadeem Moallem of TEDA International School.
- Access International Academy Ningbo
- American International School of Guangzhou
- Beijing BISS International School
- Beijing City International School
- Beijing International Bilingual Academy
- British School of Beijing
- Canadian International School of Beijing
- Chinese International School
- Concordia International School Shanghai
- Dalian American International School
- Dulwich College Beijing
- Dulwich College Shanghai
- Dulwich College Suzhou
- International Academy of Beijing
- International School of Beijing
- International School of Nanshan Shenzhen
- International School of Qingdao
- International School of Tianjin
- Livingston American School
- Nanjing International School
- Qingdao No.1 International School of Shandong Province
- QSI International School of Shekou
- SCIS - Hangzhou International School
- SCIS - Hongqiao Campus
- SCIS - Pudong Campus
- Shanghai American School Pudong Campus
- Shanghai American School Puxi Campus
- Shekou International School
- Shenyang Transformation International School
- Suzhou Singapore International School
- TEDA International School
- The British International School Shanghai - Puxi
- The British International School Shanghai - Pudong
- The New International School
- Tianjin MTI International School
- Utahloy International School Guangzhou
- Utahloy International School Zengcheng
- Western Academy of Beijing
- Wuxi Taihu International School
- Xiamen International School
- Yew Chung International School of Beijing
- Yew Chung International School of Shanghai
- Australian International School Hong Kong
- Canadian International School of Hong Kong Limited
- Christian Alliance PC Lau Memorial International School
- Discovery College
- Hong Kong Academy
- Hong Kong International School
- International College Hong Kong
- Hong Lok Yuen International School of the New Territories
- Renaissance College Hong Kong
- Yew Chung International School of Hong Kong
- Victoria Shanghai Academy
- "Purpose." ACAMIS. Web. 12 May 2012. ""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- "Membership Standards." ACAMIS. Web. 12 May 2012. "http://acamis.org/index.php/about-acamis/membership-standards Archived 2012-04-03 at the Wayback Machine"
- "Strategic Plan." ACAMIS. Web. 12 May 2012. ""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-04-23. Retrieved 2012-05-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- "ACAMIS Chinese Conference 2012." ACAMIS. Web. 12 May 2012. ""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2012-05-01. Retrieved 2012-05-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- "Sports." ACAMIS. Web. 12 May 2012. ""Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2014-07-24. Retrieved 2012-05-17.CS1 maint: archived copy as title (link)"
- "What is ACAMIS." Shanghai Community International School. Web. 12 May 2012. "http://hq.scisdragons.net/activities/us-activities/what-is-sisac/what-is-acamis.html%5B%5D"