Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa
The Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa (AFP) is the only recording industry association in Portugal. Created in 1989, it succeeded GPPFV (Portuguese group of producers of Phonograms and videograms) and UNEVA (Union of audio and video editors).
The AFP is the Portuguese group of the International Federation of the Phonographic Industry (IFPI). The AFP gathers the main record publishers that operate in the Portuguese market and its affiliates represent more than 95% of the market.
Since its foundation in 1989, the AFP has released market information for many students of different degrees of education. The Top + programme, broadcast by RTP1, was a weekly chart programme done in partnership between the AFP and RTP and was the oldest one in Portuguese television.
A Portuguese singles chart existed from July 2000 until March 2, 2004. Previously a singles chart was published pre-1994 by the Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa. The chart was based on retail data compiled by the local arm of ACNielsen.
- Top 50 Albums
- Top 50 Singles
|Certification||Since 2008||Since 2011|
List of certified albums
The following is a list of albums that have been certified by the Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa.
- "Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa" Archived January 2, 2010, at the Wayback Machine. Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa.
- "Portuguese Labels Pull Plug On Singles Chart 04/03/04". Billboard. Nielsen Business Media. 116 (14): 55. 4 March 2006. ISSN 0006-2510.
- "Portuguese Charts". Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa. Associação Fonográfica Portuguesa. 2013.
- "International Certification Award levels" Archived June 25, 2008, at the Wayback Machine IFPI. Retrieved May 24, 2018.
- "International Certification Award levels" Archived 2012-01-22 at the Wayback Machine. IFPI. May 24, 2018