Assam State Film (Finance and Development) Corporation Ltd.
Assam State Film (Finance and Development) Corporation Ltd. (ASFFDC) is an organization undertaken by Government of Assam which aims in developing and promoting the legacy of Assamese cinema. It was incorporated on 4 September 1974 under Companies Act 1956 by the Government of Assam.
|Formation||4 September 1974|
|Focus||Promotion of Cinema of Assam|
|Headquarters||Panjabari, Guwahati, Assam|
|Owner||Government of Assam|
|Chairperson: Jatin Bora |
Vice Chairperson: Abhijit Nath
ASFFDC provides financial assistance and logistics to Assamese filmmakers by advancing loans, subsidies, grants etc. or by extending financial assistance in any other manner. It also opened the first film archive and film museum North East India, Jonakee.
ASFFDC started producing Assamese films in 2000 with its first release Nisiddha Nadi. However its second production was released in 2012, after a gap of 12 years. Since then it has been actively co-producing several Assamese films.
|2000||Nisiddha Nadi||-||Bidyut Chakraborty|
|2014||Raag||Manna Films||Rajni Basumatary|
|2014||Paani||JD Films||Jadumoni Dutta|
|2014||Sringkhal||Silverline Production||Prabin Hazarika|
|2014||TRP... aru||JR Enterprises||Mridul Gupta|
|2016||Saat Nomboror Sandhanat||-||Abdul Majid|
|2016||Dikchow Banat Palaax||Canvascope||Sanjib Sabhapandit|
|2017||Tumi Aahibane||Prerana Creations||Prerana Barbarooah|
|2017||Sonar Baran Pakhi||BB Entertainment Pvt. Ltd||Bobby Sarma Baruah|
- "ASFFDC - Right To Information". Archived from the original on 4 March 2016. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Post 'Baandhon', ASFFDC plans to revive Assam film industry". Business Standard. Panaji. Press Trust of India. 21 November 2012. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "Film body works on returns". The Telegraph. Guwahati. 27 November 2014. Retrieved 6 January 2016.
- Kaushik, Divya (20 September 2014). "True to his Salt". Daily Pioneer. Retrieved 4 January 2016.
- "People will go to theatres if quality of films improve: Adil". Business Standard. Guwahati. Press Trust of India. 17 December 2015. Retrieved 4 January 2016.