The history of the estate goes back to at least the 14th century, when it is mentioned in written sources for the first time. During the 17th century it belonged to the De la Gardie family, including Privy Councilor Jacob De la Gardie (1583–1652).
During the 18th century it belonged to families Olivecrantz, Wallrawe, Drufva, Leijonstedt, Ingelotz and Fleetwood. In 1799 it was sold to C. G. Sehmann, who built the present main building in Neoclassical architectural style to designs by Italian born, Finnish architect Charles Bassi (1772-1840).
- "Aske herrgård". svenska.yle.fi/term/yle. Retrieved December 1, 2018.
- B. Boëthius. "Jakob P. De la Gardie". Svenskt biografiskt lexikon. Retrieved December 1, 2018.
- "Charles Bassi". Thorvaldsens Museum. Retrieved December 1, 2018.
- Planting-Gyllenbåga, G. H. W.; Åkerhielm, Erik (1923). Svenska gods och gårdar. Stockholm: A.-B. Hasse W. Tullbergs förlag. p. 25.
- Villa Aske Official webpage (in Swedish)