As Tall as Lions (album)
|As Tall as Lions|
|Studio album by|
|Released||August 8, 2006|
|Recorded||2006 at Vu Du Studios (Freeport, NY)|
|Genre||Alternative rock, indie rock, emo|
|Label||Triple Crown Records|
|Producer||Mike Watts and Steve Haigler|
|As Tall as Lions chronology|
Recording and production
The album took seven months to write and two months to record. It was produced by Mike Watts and Steve Haigler, and was released on CD and Limited Edition Vinyl.
The album received generally positive reviews. AbsolutePunk.net gave it a rating of nine out of ten, comparing them to (amongst others) Damien Rice, U2 and The Mars Volta. PopMatters was equally enthusiastic, giving it 8 out of 10 and calling it "skillful, beautiful, and musically significant". Alternative Press Magazine, known for reviewing mostly rock and indie bands, gave the album five of five stars and listed the band amongst their 2008's Most Anticipated Bands due to this "self-titled masterpiece."
- Stab City - 3:36
- Song for Luna - 3:45
- A Break a Pause - 3:40
- Love, Love, Love (Love, Love) - 4:33
- Ghost of York - 4:07
- Milk & Honey - 4:34
- Be Here Now - 3:58
- I'm Kickin' Myself - 3:04
- Where Do I Stand? - 3:39
- Maybe I'm Just Tired - 10:30
- The song "Maybe I'm Just Tired" ends at 4:30. After 2 minutes of silence (4:30 - 6:30), begins the hidden song "A Soft Hum".
- AbsolutePunk.net review
- Alternative Press
- Pitchfork Media review Archived May 14, 2007, at the Wayback Machine
- PopMatters review
- "Interviews: As Tall as Lions". MPLS Scene. Archived from the original on 2008-01-31. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- Garett Press. "As Tall As Lions - As Tall As Lions review". AbsolutePunk.net. Archived from the original on 23 April 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-24.
- Neal Hayes. "As Tall As Lions - As Tall As Lions review". PopMatters. Archived from the original on 6 July 2008. Retrieved 2008-05-24.