Arvind or Aravind (from Sanskrit: अराविन्दा aravinda) is a common Indian masculine given name. Its meaning is "lotus". Its variants include Arvin, Aravinda, Aravindan, Arahvinth and Aravindh(a) (in South India), and Aurobindo (in Bengali).
Aravinda means lotus in the Sanskrit language. In particular, the word may refer to the white lotus, on which the Hindu goddess of wealth and prosperity – Lakshmi – sits. It could also refer to the Sanskrit term aravindākṣa (meaning the "lotus eyed one"), the 347th name used to describe the Hindu god Vishnu in the Vishnu Sahasranama.
- Arvind Singh Mewar, Maharana of Udaipur (Mewar)
- Arvind Kejriwal, politician
- Arvind Panagariya, Vice Chairman of Niti Aayog of India
- Arvind Pandey, Indian politician
- Arvind (computer scientist)
- Arvind Parmar, tennis player
- Arvind Swamy, Indian film actor
- Arvind Kumar (disambiguation), several people
- Arvind Kumar (surgeon) (born 1958), Indian surgeon
- Aravind Akash, Indian actor
- Aravind Adiga, Indian journalist and author
- Aravind L Iyer, Evolutionary biologist
- Aravinda de Silva, Sri Lankan cricketer
- Aravinda Akroyd Ghose, better known as Sri Aurobindo, Indian philosopher
- Aravinda Chakravarti, American geneticist
- Aravindan Neelakandan, Indian writer
- Chithambaram Aravindh, Indian chess grandmaster
- Sri Aurobindo, an Indian nationalist, philosopher, yogi and poet
- Monier-Williams, Monier (1899). A Sanskrit-English dictionary : etymologically and philologically arranged with special reference to cognate Indo-European languages. Oxford: Clarendon Press.
- Teresa Norman (2003). A World of Baby Names. Penguin. p. 245. ISBN 978-0-399-52894-1.
- All pages with titles containing Arvind
- All pages with titles containing Aravind