Arthur Young (actor)
Arthur Young (2 September 1898 – 24 February 1959) was an English actor, notable for roles including Gladstone in the 1951 The Lady with a Lamp. He can be seen as a window cleaner in the film Radio Parade of 1935. He regularly appeared in BBC radio plays and was a member of the Corporation’s Drama Repertory Company in the late 1950s. His stage work encompassed West End revue, as well as Stratford.
in An Inspector Calls (1954)
Arthur Henry Young
2 September 1898
|Died||24 February 1959 60) (aged|
(m. 1924; his death 1959)
Young was born on 2 September 1898 in Bristol. His parents were 'Henry Young' and 'Elizabeth Wales Young' (1876-1972).
|1936||Wedding Group||Dr. Granger|
|1937||Victoria the Great||Rt. Hon. William Gladstone|
|1943||San Demetrio London||Captain George Waite|
|1945||I'll Be Your Sweetheart||Judge||Uncredited|
|1947||The Root of All Evil||Grice|
|1948||My Brother Jonathan||Sir Joseph Higgins|
|1949||Portrait from Life||Club Pianist||Uncredited|
|1949||The Perfect Alibi||Edward Carter||BBC television movie|
|1949||La Rosa di Bagdad||Calif Oman||English version, Voice|
|1950||The Twenty Questions Murder Mystery||Doctor|
|1951||The Lady with a Lamp||W. E. Gladstone|
|1953||Isn't Life Wonderful!||Sir George Probus|
|1954||John of the Fair||'Doc' Claydon|
|1954||An Inspector Calls||Mr Birling|
|1954||John Wesley||King George II|
|1954||Stranger from Venus||Scientist|
|1955||No Smoking||Joe Dawson|
|1956||The Gelignite Gang||Scobie|
- "Arthur Young".
- "The Lady with the Lamp (1951)".
- "Radio Parade of 1935 (1935)".
- "The BBC Drama Repertory Company in 'THE DISAGREEABLE OYSTER'". 9 August 1957. p. 43 – via BBC Genome.
- Deacon, Alison Deacon, Nigel. "Saturday Night Theatre 1950-1960, DIVERSITY website - radio drama, plays". www.suttonelms.org.uk.
- Wearing, J. P. (16 September 2014). "The London Stage 1950-1959: A Calendar of Productions, Performers, and Personnel". Rowman & Littlefield – via Google Books.
- "Arthur Young - Theatricalia". theatricalia.com.