|Length||69.9 km (43 mi)|
|Major settlements||Copping, Dunalley, Eaglehawk Neck|
From its intersection with the Tasman Highway in Sorell the highway runs east, crossing Iron Creek before turning south-east to Forcett. From there it continues in an easterly direction, crossing the Carlton River, to Copping, where it turns south to Dunalley. Here it crosses the Denison Canal via a swing bridge to the Forestier Peninsula, before continuing south-east to Eaglehawk Neck, the entry to the Tasman Peninsula. After following the southern shore of Eaglehawk Bay to the west the highway turns south and continues in that direction to Port Arthur where it transitions to route B37 (Nubeena Road).
The first “proper” crossing of the Carlton River, near the line now followed by the highway, was opened in 1883. It consisted of multiple wooden bridges and causeways. Work commenced on a concrete bridge, a replacement for all three wooden bridges on a slightly altered alignment, in 1944.
south - Cambridge
|Northern end of Arthur Highway, which continues east through Sorell.|
|Bridge over creek (name not known)|
|Carlton River||18.7||11.6||Bridge over river (name not known)|
|Denison Canal||31.8||19.8||Swing bridge over canal (name not known)|
|Port Arthur||69.9||43.4||Southern end of Arthur Highway. |
Road continues as Nubeena Road (B37)
|1.000 mi = 1.609 km; 1.000 km = 0.621 mi|
- Former State Route Numbering System in Tasmania, Ozroads: the Australian Roads Website. Retrieved on 30 January 2008.
- Scott and Furphy Engineers; Gutteridge, Haskins & Davey; Tasmania. State Planning Co-ordinator (1976), The Arthur Highway : a study in landscape conservation, State Planning Co-ordinator, retrieved 10 September 2014
- Tasmania. Parliament. Standing Committee on Public Works; Harriss, A. P (2013), Arthur Highway, [Hobart, Tasmania] [Government Printer], retrieved 10 September 2014
- Google (27 October 2018). "Arthur Highway" (Map). Google Maps. Google. Retrieved 27 October 2018.
- "Placenames Tasmania - Port Arthur (town)". Placenames Tasmania. Retrieved 4 January 2019.
Search, enter 24619B, Search, select row, show Details
- "Opening of the Carlton bridge". Trove. Launceston Examiner (Tas. : 1842 - 1899). 27 April 1883. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Articles from page 4: Work on new bridge". Trove. Examiner (Launceston, Tas. : 1900 - 1954). 27 September 1944. Retrieved 7 January 2019.
- "Denison Canal". Beez Neez (web diary). 12 January 2016. Retrieved 7 January 2019.