Artesia Township, Iroquois County, Illinois
Artesia Township is one of twenty-six townships in Iroquois County, Illinois, USA. As of the 2010 census, its population was 945 and it contained 428 housing units. Artesia Township formed from portions of Ash Grove and Loda townships sometime prior to 1921.
Location in Iroquois County
Iroquois County's location in Illinois
|Coordinates: 40°36′26″N 88°01′03″W|
|• Total||57.42 sq mi (148.7 km2)|
|• Land||57.36 sq mi (148.6 km2)|
|• Water||0.06 sq mi (0.2 km2) 0.10%|
|Elevation||682 ft (208 m)|
|• Density||16.5/sq mi (6.4/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (CST)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
60918, 60924, 60955, 60968
According to the 2010 census, the township has a total area of 57.42 square miles (148.7 km2), of which 57.36 square miles (148.6 km2) (or 99.90%) is land and 0.06 square miles (0.16 km2) (or 0.10%) is water.
Cities, towns, villages
The township contains these two cemeteries: Lisk and Saint John's Lutheran.
- Cissna Park Community Unit School District 6
- Iroquois West Community Unit School District 10
- Paxton-Buckley-Loda Community Unit School District 10
- Illinois' 15th congressional district
- State House District 105
- State Senate District 53
- "Artesia Township, Iroquois County, Illinois". Geographic Names Information System. United States Geological Survey. Retrieved 2010-01-17.
- United States Census Bureau 2007 TIGER/Line Shapefiles
- United States National Atlas
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved June 9, 2017.
- "Population, Housing Units, Area, and Density: 2010 - County -- County Subdivision and Place -- 2010 Census Summary File 1". United States Census. Retrieved 2013-05-28.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Retrieved June 4, 2016.