Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan

The Army Public School, Dhaula Kuan is a public school located at Delhi, India. It is operated under Indian Army supervision under the aegis of Indian Army welfare Education society (AWES). It is part of the chain of Indian Army Public Schools. Repeated results of various command level and national level competitions have witnessed the victory of APS-DK. Moreover, APSDK is the first and the best Army Public School of the nation.

The Army Public School
Here Destiny Begins

Motto"Truth is God"
EstablishedMay, 1953
School boardCBSE
PrincipalMrs. Komal Sood

The students in the school are divided into four houses:


Notable alumni

The students and alumni of the school are referred to as "Tapsites".


    It was called Defense Services Public school and had a strength of 21 Children and two teachers. By July 1959, the classes extended up to VIII and July 1961, it was upgraded to class XI with 600 children and 32 faculty members.

    The school shifted to its present campus in 1970. on July 1976 the school got its present name, the army public school. It has since been affiliated to CBSE New Delhi & Directorate of Education, Delhi. A humble initiative in 1953 has transformed into a giant leap today. From a small beginning of 21 children, the number of students in the school has gradually increased from 1500 in 1976 to nearly 5000 currently.

    In May 1953, the residents of the Maulana Azad Road Officers' Hostel started the institution following the public school pattern, with 21 children and two teachers and named as the Defense Services Public School.[1] The school was extended to eighth standard in July 1959, when it received recognition by the Directorate of Education, Delhi. Soon upgraded to the XI standard, it was affiliated to the University of Cambridge Local Examination Syndicate. The school was renamed as 'Army Public School' in 1976. Later, the school received affiliation to the Central Board of Secondary Education (CBSE). It shifted to its present location on the Ridge Road in July 1970, occupying 31 acres of land.

    1. "History". Retrieved 4 April 2019.
    This article is issued from Wikipedia. The text is licensed under Creative Commons - Attribution - Sharealike. Additional terms may apply for the media files.