Armored Command is a 1961 American war drama film directed by Byron Haskin and starring Howard Keel and Tina Louise. It was filmed in Hohenfels, Bavaria, but takes place in the Vosges Mountains during the Southern France campaign.
Original film poster
|Directed by||Byron Haskin|
|Produced by||Ron W. Alcorn|
|Written by||R.W. Alcorn|
|Distributed by||Warner Bros-Pathe|
|July 9, 1961|
The Germans use a female spy to infiltrate an American position to get information on the movement of troops at the height of the Ardennes offensive.
- Howard Keel as Col. Devlin
- Tina Louise as Alexandra Bastegar
- Warner Anderson as Lt. Col. Wilson
- Earl Holliman as Mike
- Carleton Young as Capt. Bart Macklin
- Burt Reynolds as Skee
- James Dobson as Arab
- Marty Ingels as Pinhead
- Clem Harvey as Tex
- Maurice Marsac as Jean Robert
- Lt. Col. Thomas A. Ryan as the Major (also acted as the film's technical advisor)
- Peter Capell as Little General
- Charles Nolte as Capt. Swan
- Brandon Maggart
Major General Daniel H. Hudelson (retired), who commanded the 40th California National Guard in Korea and fought in the Battle of the Bulge, sued Allied Artists and Ronald Alcorn for $350,000 alleging unauthorised use of his story ideas. He claimed in 1955 he sent a tape recording of his experiences in the Vosges Mountains in France to a film company, and said they used his ideas in the film. He claimed the film had earned profits of $1.5 million.
- Workaholic Burt Reynolds sets up his next task: Light comedy Siskel, Gene. Chicago Tribune (1963-Current file) [Chicago, Ill] 28 Nov 1976: e2.
- Kovacs Latest Star Due to 'Go North': Mrs. Sessue 'Introduced'; 'Armored Commitand' Alerted Scheuer, Philip K. Los Angeles Times 2 May 1960: C11.
- Road Now Rejoices in Original Casts: Keaton Will Assemble Silents; 'Anastasia' Set as Musical Scheuer, Philip K. Los Angeles Times 28 Oct 1960: B9.
- 'Armored Command' Proves Fair War Drama Stinson, Charles. Los Angeles Times 30 Sep 1961: A9.
- Screen: Nazi Strategem: 'Armored Command' at Local Theatres Archer, Eugene. New York Times 7 Oct 1961: 14.
- General Sues Allied Artists Over Movie Los Angeles Times 4 July 1962: B6.
- General Sues Allied Artists Over Ideas Used for Movie Special to The New York Times.. New York Times 4 July 1962: 13.