Arlington is a village in Columbia County, Wisconsin, United States. The population was 819 at the 2010 census. The village is located within the Town of Arlington. It is part of the Madison Metropolitan Statistical Area.
Panorama of Arlington
Location of Arlington in Columbia County, Wisconsin.
|Coordinates: 43°20′43″N 89°24′45″W|
|• Total||1.03 sq mi (2.66 km2)|
|• Land||1.03 sq mi (2.66 km2)|
|• Water||0.00 sq mi (0.00 km2)|
|Elevation||1,073 ft (327 m)|
|• Density||791.83/sq mi (305.59/km2)|
|Time zone||UTC-6 (Central (CST))|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC-5 (CDT)|
|GNIS feature ID||1582714|
Arlington is located at 43°20′19″N 89°22′36″W (43.338506, -89.376695).
According to the United States Census Bureau, the village has a total area of 1.01 square miles (2.62 km2), all of it land.
|U.S. Decennial Census|
As of the census of 2010, there were 819 people, 317 households, and 233 families residing in the village. The population density was 810.9 inhabitants per square mile (313.1/km2). There were 330 housing units at an average density of 326.7 per square mile (126.1/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 97.3% White, 1.2% African American, 0.5% from other races, and 1.0% from two or more races. Hispanic or Latino of any race were 1.3% of the population.
There were 317 households of which 41.6% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 59.6% were married couples living together, 9.5% had a female householder with no husband present, 4.4% had a male householder with no wife present, and 26.5% were non-families. 17.4% of all households were made up of individuals and 5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.58 and the average family size was 2.95.
The median age in the village was 32.1 years. 26.7% of residents were under the age of 18; 7.4% were between the ages of 18 and 24; 35.5% were from 25 to 44; 20.5% were from 45 to 64; and 9.9% were 65 years of age or older. The gender makeup of the village was 49.1% male and 50.9% female.
As of the census of 2000, there were 484 people, 187 households, and 147 families residing in the village. The population density was 730.1 people per square mile (283.1/km2). There were 196 housing units at an average density of 295.7 per square mile (114.7/km2). The racial makeup of the village was 99.59% White, 0.21% Black or African American and 0.21% Asian. 0.62% of the population were Hispanic or Latino of any race.
There were 187 households out of which 34.8% had children under the age of 18 living with them, 67.9% were married couples living together, 8.6% had a female householder with no husband present, and 20.9% were non-families. 17.6% of all households were made up of individuals and 7.5% had someone living alone who was 65 years of age or older. The average household size was 2.59 and the average family size was 2.91.
In the village, the population was spread out with 26.0% under the age of 18, 6.2% from 18 to 24, 31.0% from 25 to 44, 24.2% from 45 to 64, and 12.6% who were 65 years of age or older. The median age was 37 years. For every 100 females, there were 94.4 males. For every 100 females age 18 and over, there were 89.4 males.
The median income for a household in the village was $51,750, and the median income for a family was $55,227. Males had a median income of $36,250 versus $26,591 for females. The per capita income for the village was $21,270. About 0.8% of families and 2.6% of the population were below the poverty line, including none of those under the age of eighteen or sixty-five or over.
- "2017 U.S. Gazetteer Files". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved Mar 28, 2019.
- "US Board on Geographic Names". United States Geological Survey. 2007-10-25. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Population and Housing Unit Estimates". Retrieved March 24, 2018.
- "American FactFinder". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2013-09-11. Retrieved 2008-01-31.
- Gard, Robert (2015). The Romance of Wisconsin Place Names. Madison, WI: Wisconsin Historical Society Press. p. 12. ISBN 978-0-87020-707-5.
- "US Gazetteer files: 2010, 2000, and 1990". United States Census Bureau. 2011-02-12. Retrieved 2011-04-23.
- "US Gazetteer files 2010". United States Census Bureau. Archived from the original on 2012-01-24. Retrieved 2012-11-18.
- "Census of Population and Housing". Census.gov. Archived from the original on May 12, 2015. Retrieved June 4, 2015.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Arlington, Wisconsin.|
- Sanborn fire insurance map: 1894