Ardmona is a locality in the Goulburn Valley of central Victoria, Australia. It is 10 km west of Shepparton and located in the City of Greater Shepparton local government area. The Midland Highway passes through the south of Ardmona.
Church located in Ardmona
|Population||487 (2016 census)|
|LGA(s)||City of Greater Shepparton|
The town takes its name from a farm owned by Charles and Lochie McDonald which was purchased by a private syndicate in 1886 and subdivided to become Victoria’s first irrigated settlement. One of the five members of the syndicate was horticulturist and journalist John West.
Ardmona has several amenities, including a corner shop, a primary school and a football field. SPC Ardmona, an Australian company, has its main factory located in nearby Shepparton. Ardmona used to have an Anglican church however it was sold in 2014 after being disused for more than five years.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Ardmona, Victoria.|
- Australian Bureau of Statistics (31 October 2012). "Ardmona (State Suburb)". 2011 Census QuickStats. Retrieved 11 October 2014.
- "Ardmona". Victorian Places. Monash University & University of Queensland. Retrieved 19 December 2015.
- Bossence, William Henry (1969). Tatura and the Shire of Rodney. Melbourne: Hawthorn Press.
- McLennan, Donald Munro; Back to Mooroopna Committee (Vic.); Mooroopna Historical Society (1984). History of Mooroopna, Ardmona & district : an interesting story of development, 1841-1936 / compiled by D.M. McLennan for the Back to Mooroopna Committee, Mooroopna, Victoria, Australia (Facsimile reprint of 1936 ed.: Mooroopna, Vic. : Back to Mooroopna Committee, 1936 ed.). Mooroopna: Goulburn Valley Printing Services for the Mooroopna Historical Society. ISBN 1862520038.
- Steven, Margaret. "West, John (1856–1926)". Australian Dictionary of Biography. National Centre of Biography, Australian National University. Retrieved 19 December 2015.